★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Whatever happened to Graal Zone?

11-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Whatever happened to Graal Zone?

Yeah... anybody know? Thread said it got released, but doesn't come up in iTunes. Just curious if anyone has some insider info.
11-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Send a message via AIM to matt
When the game launched it was a few days away from launching the multi-player levels. I am sure their servers were not ready for the load of having that many people play the game.

But I have no official word on the game.

@mmccarty

Gameloft LIVE: mattmccarty

11-17-2008, 11:39 AM
I was really looking forward to this one as well. the people who snagged a copy seemed to indicate the game needed some work.
hopefully they haven't given up on it though
04-28-2009, 06:51 PM
just an update...

I emailed the dev last November and they said it would probably be re-released in December. well obviously that didn't happen, so I shot them another email about a week ago and this was the response...

"We have been busy with other projects but that's something we will do in the near future."

Let's hope that the "near future" will not be several more months from now.

Battle Born Music
gamecenter name = battlebornmusic.com
04-28-2009, 07:14 PM
In July it got rejected by Apple, so we decided to focus on some other projects (Adrenaline Pool, Ace Tennis etc.). But then it suddenly got approved, and some of us (including me) were in holidays and the servers were of course not ready. We didn't had any other choice than to withdraw the game. We have however updated the online servers a few days later so that the maps were playable.
We still plan to re-release Graal Zone on iPhone, cannot guarantee yet when that will happen (should be a few weeks or months). The client is much faster now and we got more experience with the network stack on the iPhone. It's still some work to setup and maintain a MMO though.
04-28-2009, 07:16 PM
could you use this multi player engine for alien abuse

Current faves:UniWar,Glyder, Assasin's Creed, Wolfenstein,Zenonia(beta testing)
☻/ my review site:cheatcodes4chicos
/▌reviewer at: appmania
/ \ There you go rocketman I've moved on from hobocity
04-29-2009, 05:02 AM
Yes we plan to add multiplayer to Alien Abuse
07-08-2012, 02:02 PM
I heard they just recently remade it and it's been ready and approved for a while, but for some reason Stefan(Bomber) is holding back on release(has been for a few weeks). Does anyone have any information on this?