★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hit or Die (1.99)

05-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Hit or Die (1.99)

Looks to be a combination of baseball and survival Zombie killing. Might be a winning combo.

Special intro price of $1.99, there is a free trial version available too.

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...315310640&mt=8

05-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I saw this last night, and unique really doesn't describe the premise for the game.

05-13-2009, 01:51 PM
I think it involves hitting the balls at the zombies killing them and surviving their onslaught. I'm gonna try the lite version tonight
05-13-2009, 01:58 PM
well it definitely seems to get points for originality

i like the style of the graphics a lot... might consider a TOFTT
05-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Looks nice and has an original concept, but I found it very difficult to actually hit the ball. You press the ball button and the baseball drops from the top of the screen - You then hit the bat button when it enters the target retical. Depending on your timing, you may MISS altogether, launch the ball over the zombie, or make a hit. Zombies shamble towards your player, but your player cannot move - only drop balls & hit them at the Zombies. Lag seemed to be an issue when attempting to hit the ball in the lite version that I demoed, but it could have just been that the timing for making accurate hits has a REALLY steep learning curve.

Last edited by DieseliPhone; 05-13-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: wording
05-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffyone View Post
When you really think about it...doesn't seem all that strange.

I mean...in a post apocalyptic zombie infested world, the surviving members of humanity will most likely be driven quite insane but will nonetheless need some form of entertainment to pass the time. The majority of those surviving will no doubt be those who currently have the most resources: the wealthy. But among the wealthy there exist those who own professional sports teams, and in such a zombie infested world, their investment would be doomed if not for certain innovations in the business of sports.

Sure, most of the pro baseball players, like most of the world, will become zombies. But is that any reason to let the money making apparatus of pro sports die? No, of course not. The zombie ball players can still make money for their owners, especially since, as they are zombies they needn't be paid. So why not match them up with the still human ball players? The game must go on!

Of course, it wouldn't make much sense to play an organized game of baseball as the zombies would be more interested in eating brains than shagging fly balls or covering a man on first in the proper manner, and the human players more interested in protecting their lives against the oncoming zombie hoard than laying down a bunt and moving the runner into scoring position. A proper game of baseball, with the fundamentals of the game being showcased, could never be played in such conditions (and we decry the lack of fundamentals now...imagine the downward spiral of the game during a zombie invasion!). In that case, change the rules of the game to suit the situation. The human baseball players defend their lives against the zombie mob by hitting baseballs at them. Brilliant in its simplicity!
Um, yeah...
05-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffyone View Post
I'm getting my mind ready to wrap itself around whatever the writer's for Lost have cooked up for tonight's season finale.
Now that you put it that way...
05-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Tried the lite version, far FAR too hard to hit the ball. Is there some sort of easier setting to make the area of which you can hit the ball bigger? You have about 1/20th of a second to press the hit button, it's ridiculous.
05-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsy66 View Post
Tried the lite version, far FAR too hard to hit the ball. Is there some sort of easier setting to make the area of which you can hit the ball bigger? You have about 1/20th of a second to press the hit button, it's ridiculous.
Yep, sort of a deal breaker really when you think about the fact that the only thing there is to do is hit the ball yet it's ridiculously hard to connect and when you do it often sails right over their heads. Tweak that and the game would actually be kinda fun. I haven't even seen any of the powerup balls/bats but with the present hitting scheme I don't care to bother.
05-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Ok I tried the lite version out. Nice colored graphics, the game has potential, but the way the ball is served to you your timing has to be perfect or else...strike and miss. Its not easy and you have way too little time to react(basically less than a split second). Ramsy said what I think is the solution, make the ball bigger OR have it served for you to hit from a different angle. I hope the dev is seeing and listening to our suggestions, because I like the idea of this game it can potentially be very fun if they update it.