★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dive into the universe of Souls with this card game...
Fight countless creatures and defeat the bosses of the four Elemental worlds in Adventure mode...
Use the Elements in your favor, capture the enemy's cards by choosing yours carefully.
Let your strategy evolve as you gain ever more powerful cards.

- Adventure mode
- Free Play
- Survival
- Achievements
- 3 levels of difficulty
- localized in EN and FR
03-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Looks like a clone of Triple Triad from Final Fantasy VIII.

03-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
Looks like a clone of Triple Triad from Final Fantasy VIII.

Exactly my thoughts, Spork. There was also a WinMobile game with these mechanics and a sci-fi theme.
I liked the minigame in FF8 and this doesn't looks bad. I would only wish for GC multiplayer support.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 03-04-2012 at 01:42 AM.
03-04-2012, 02:01 AM
omg triple triad?? i loved that game. looks like i may have to get this. i hope it has really catchy music too lol
03-04-2012, 05:58 AM
Really nicely done - I like this... however... no sound at all makes it feel unfinished to me. Real shame. I don't know why devs sometimes think sound doesn't matter? It always does if you want to deliver what feels like a complete and polished product.

Jamie.
03-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, definitely feels like a "light" version of Triple Triad (but really, did anyone enjoy having to deal with those "Plus" and "Same Wall" rules in the first place?). Not sure if you get higher "level" cards as you progress, but the early stages definitely take a little more thought than in FF8, because even having a number 6 on a side is a rarity.

I think the cards you earn are in a specific order - and when you lose a match you lose your most recent card (as well as the "clear star" for the stage before it) and have to win the old match again to reclaim it before you can proceed.

CPU has slightly better cards than you, to make up for the intelligence advantage a human player has.

I'm hoping that since this is Version 1.00, music will be added in later on. It does feel like a bit of a "ghost town" without any sound coming from the game ...
03-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah... Triple Triad it is. But if it brings some new twists on the table, this will be a muzzbuy for me.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Hoping for multiplayer via GC - as I have solved it within a day.

Nice fights - but over too soon
03-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Although I've never played this game or the one referenced, but the absence of sound is a deal-breaker for me. I will give it a shot if this is addressed in future build.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
03-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't think they'll update it. I saw online that there's an android version released a couple months ago so we must have the same product as them. If there's no sound in ours, they probably don't have sound either. It kinda seems like they may be "done with it".