★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Two Towers - Universal App

03-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Two Towers - Universal App

What's New in Version 1.2
Two Towers is now a universal app.
New single player game.
New tutorial.
9 new cards and 7 new spells.
Spells now cost less.
Design improvements and bug fixes.
Multiplayer improvements.

Additional links:
Official website - click here
Two Towers FAQ - click here
03-04-2012, 09:10 AM
If you're curious about this game like I was but want to actually see it in action first, by bouncing around the various links I noticed there was a video at http://dailyappshow.com/​two-towers

It's not the BEST of reviews since they kind of just tap cards at random to fly through the one round they play, but they talk a fair bit about the features available.

03-04-2012, 10:41 AM
There are lots of different versions of this game on PC and WindowsMobile.
I liked them but haven't bought this yet.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-04-2012, 01:46 PM
So... Is this worth the time to play it? $0.99 isnt much but if the game isnt worth playing...

Is it?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
So... Is this worth the time to play it? $0.99 isnt much but if the game isnt worth playing...

Is it?
I've had it for a while and can say for a buck, you can't go wrong at all. It's a very beautifully drawn up game and the strategy is simple to understand, yet can get very challenging. Small file size too. My only complaint would be a way to turn off the timer during turns. Sure they don't give live 5-10 seconds per turn (60 per turn), but to have an option to turn the timer off all together, this game would be perfect for me. Its just a preference, I like to take my time and while playing, I'm usually doing several other things so the to be not confined...I'd love this game even more. I do recommend it if your a fan of strategy boards games as its pretty solid in all aspects.

Game Center: Diligence
03-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Is it?
When I've got my iPad a week ago, this is one of the first-bought games (along with Small World, etc) and I really like this game.
It is easy to play, but very challenging.
Each games are short and the AIs are good.
I really like the system for the solo adventure mode. It becomes addictive since losing a game means you're losing coins that is necessary to unlock another tower (not an IAP), therefore you'll keep on playing to gain coins and unlocking.
Highly recommended if you like card games!

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
03-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agas View Post
When I've got my iPad a week ago, this is one of the first-bought games (along with Small World, etc) and I really like this game.
It is easy to play, but very challenging.
Each games are short and the AIs are good.
I really like the system for the solo adventure mode. It becomes addictive since losing a game means you're losing coins that is necessary to unlock another tower (not an IAP), therefore you'll keep on playing to gain coins and unlocking.
Highly recommended if you like card games!
Fully backed.

I kept this on my appshopper wishlist so I didn't forget to pick it up when I eventually got an iPad. Picked it up as soon as it went universal and I'm so happy I did. Great game.
03-05-2012, 12:46 AM
I bought this today and just played for about an hour. I am really enjoying it and it is starting to click with me. I have won a few games now, but I am not ready to go to the next territory. I am normally not a huge card game fan, but I love the simplicity and accessibility of this. Also, the presentation is nice. Great buy for a buck!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
03-05-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm finding this really difficult to win, i've won a few games and that it. Anyone got strategy?

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/aeeb2bbe61a40f08.png

BETAs: Save the Monster The Sandbox
03-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trundley View Post
I'm finding this really difficult to win, i've won a few games and that it. Anyone got strategy?
My first game I just looked to inflict maximum damage and that failed me. After that I started paying more attention to my resources; particularly playing cards early that would up my resource rates. I also started looking a move or so ahead based on what resources I would have then and what current cards would be unlocked. I have been much more successful since then and even have won my first 2 matches at the second castle.

I am really enjoying Two Towers. A big part of that is that it is very simple to play and there are not too many rules to get bogged down in. Given that, it still require some tactics and strategy. Up to now I have been hesitant to venture into card games as the few I have glanced at seemed to have too many intricacies. I am considering getting either Food Fight IOS or Ticket to Ride for my next card game. Does anyone have any comments? I know folks here like those games, but I am more looking for advice as to whether they are easy to get started with.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve