★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Galaxy on Fire (GoF) Loot question

05-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Galaxy on Fire (GoF) Loot question

Can anyone tell me what the loot I collected from each mission use for?
Can I simple sell them after each mission?

For example the medical loot, how I can use them in a battle?

Thanks in advance

Dark
05-13-2009, 06:59 PM
You can't use the loot in battle. Just sell the loot when docked. It fetches different prices at different planets so you can maximise profit by taking the right loot to the right place. Having said that I just sold my loot at the next place i docked figuring that i might get more next time out anyway.

I personally wish we had a proper space trading game like Acornsofts Elite. Proper trade routes needed to be established to maximise profit. The sequels had proper Newtonian physics. I wish they would port them to the iphone

05-13-2009, 07:02 PM
I agree, something like EV Nova or Elite, or heck, even freelancer would be nicer when it comes to having an economy. I'm a bit dissapointed in GOF for not really having any of this.

Artist - MotionX
05-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchypoo View Post
I agree, something like EV Nova or Elite, or heck, even freelancer would be nicer when it comes to having an economy. I'm a bit dissapointed in GOF for not really having any of this.
I think they got proper trading in GoF 2 , but that's a way off bein ported. Oh for Frontier ported with bugfixes and the storyline (cruelly cut short by lack of time and money for development) fixed.

Why isn't this happening ? Someone needs to kick David Braben up the ass
05-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred447uk View Post
I think they got proper trading in GoF 2 , but that's a way off bein ported. Oh for Frontier ported with bugfixes and the storyline (cruelly cut short by lack of time and money for development) fixed.

Why isn't this happening ? Someone needs to kick David Braben up the ass
TEH VIOLENCE!
05-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Well he's been promising us Elite 4 for years. Frontier is hacked to play in hires with bugfixes on todays machines. The genre has a cult following all over the world. I reckon there's a Market for it.
05-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchypoo View Post
What about Space Trader?

First game in progress...
05-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamboy View Post
What about Space Trader?
Well running round having a chat with people between about three different locations doesn't really compare with complete freedom to explore thousands of different planets with dog-fighting/landing on planets/up-grading ship/story elements/choice of professions/open-ended gameplay. Frontier had proper Newtonian physics. You had to learn how to pilot your ship. You could land on planets for lawks's sake. Makes Space Trader seem like fiddling about in a rabbit hutch. lol
05-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred447uk View Post
Well running round having a chat with people between about three different locations doesn't really compare with complete freedom to explore thousands of different planets with dog-fighting/landing on planets/up-grading ship/story elements/choice of professions/open-ended gameplay. Frontier had proper Newtonian physics. You had to learn how to pilot your ship. You could land on planets for lawks's sake. Makes Space Trader seem like fiddling about in a rabbit hutch. lol
I would hate a game that forced you to play a flight simulator on top of the trading game. I would like to do battle in between planets, though. I don't like Space Trader though because there's unnecessary walking around that just wastes time.
05-14-2009, 02:23 AM
mmarch

Nice find Pante...which means the U.S. release is imminent.

More like what a day!