★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Great Little War Game - Rank #1 in All Apps

03-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Great Little War Game - Rank #1 in All Apps

On Android Market that is: https://market.android.com/details?id=apps_topselling_paid

We're not doing so good on iOS lately, so we're slashing the price down to a buck to try and adjust the discrepancy. If you want to know how this app got to #1, it's currently just a buck to find out.

03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
sorry to hear that...

at least you're dominating the Android market ATM... =oD

But if you guys don't have this... it's a FANTASTIC Turn-Based Strategy game... one of the best in the AppStore. Even if you're new to the genre, or know nothing about it, GLWG is a fantastic starting point... easy to understand, great tutorial, fantastic controls... =oD

For a buck, it's a GREAT buy!

03-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post

For a buck, it's a GREAT buy!
Agreed! One of the bestest!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
03-04-2012, 12:00 PM
When is is your sequel scheduled to be released?

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga
03-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the endorsements, guys.

The sequel is a couple of months away. We've almost finished coding all the important new stuff and will soon be finalising the online multiplayer testing. Then it's into Beta and out in the shops. Can't wait!
03-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
woohoo!!! Had no idea a sequel was even in the works... =oD

This year = looking like it's gonna be the best year for iOS games. =oD
03-04-2012, 12:12 PM
It looks like a really good game from the reviews and screenshots I found
03-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Absolutely one of the best Games on IOS period.. I don't understand why it's not in the app store hall of fame, the games starter get, the benchmark games, or the big name games. In fact it's not on any list that honors great games... I don't understand this game has gotten nothing but positive feedback. Maybe they just forgot about it?
03-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Definitely one to pick if you haven't. One of the best TBS on GLWG and even though it gets really challenging, it's still easy to start with if you're new to the genre.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
03-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
Absolutely one of the best Games on IOS period.. I don't understand why it's not in the app store hall of fame, the games starter get, the benchmark games, or the big name games. In fact it's not on any list that honors great games... I don't understand this game has gotten nothing but positive feedback. Maybe they just forgot about it?
Yeah, tell me about it, lol.

Apple were cool enough to feature the game when it launched, but since then it's been a constant (losing) battle to get anyone to take it seriously on iOS. Android have featured it four times now, which I believe is a record, and the droid press are all over it. However in this neck of the woods where the game started, you'd think it was never released.

I'm not bitter though, lots of good games never break the surface and we'll soon have a second bite with the sequel. Fingers crossed...