★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Standard NDA Template

03-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Standard NDA Template

Hi folks,

We are approaching designers, publishers etc and showing our WIP game. Before that, we want to make sure that the idea is safe and thinking of getting an NDA signed. Thoughts???

Also, if any1 has used an NDA before and willing to share, please do the same.

Cheers!
03-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
I've signed and reworked dozens of game NDAs in a previous job, and I would not recommend this template because it is not mutual. I would be surprised if a large publisher signed it tbh

When you sign an NDA with another party, usually what happens is that both parties disclose confidential information to each other (rates, IP, tech, etc.), hence Mutual NDAs are a better practice.

Also, Mutual NDAs tend to be less restrictive as the disclosing party is bound to the same obligations as the receiving party.

I can send a template in PM.

I make games.
Twitter: NicolasG_B
03-06-2012, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasgb View Post
Cool. Can you post it here. Thanks in advance.
03-06-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasgb View Post
I've signed and reworked dozens of game NDAs in a previous job, and I would not recommend this template because it is not mutual. I would be surprised if a large publisher signed it tbh

When you sign an NDA with another party, usually what happens is that both parties disclose confidential information to each other (rates, IP, tech, etc.), hence Mutual NDAs are a better practice.

Also, Mutual NDAs tend to be less restrictive as the disclosing party is bound to the same obligations as the receiving party.

Of course, but it will be enough to hire a designer (that's what I use).
Please share.