★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Pocket Puppet
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.1 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: MUGS & BUGS is simple to play: balance your device to get your mug moving, catch the falling components, and beware of all the crazy bugs! Watch out, though: only the most seasoned mugs will be able to reach those insane late levels.

MUGS & BUGS features:
Easy to handle, smooth accelerator-based gameplay
99 levels in continuously increasing difficulty
9 unlockable mugs with crazy personalities and abilities
20 epic achievements (will you be able to get those gold ones?)
Game Center compatible, with leaderboard support

Beware! This game is bug-friendly. And after you play a little, you'll love the little critters so much, you'll start asking other developers to fill their games with bugs, too!

For more information about MUGS & BUGS please visit www.pocket-puppet.com

jlcebrian's comments:
Hello! I'm part of a new indy company, and we just released Mugs & Bugs, our first iPhone game (joy!). It's an accelerometer-based arcade about dodging and catching falling things :-)

It's a small game, but we had a great time making it :-) Feel free to drop me any comments, as we're starved for opinions!

Here are some promo codes, please post a note if you use one of them! :-)

ANYTRRFKP33H
9TEELEMWWLXN
03-05-2012, 01:05 PM
9TEELEMWWLXN thank you =)

03-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Grabbed ANYTRRFKP33H. Thanks!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
03-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Nice looking game congratulations jlcebrian, I wish I could try it are you planning on releasing a Lite version of the game in the near future?
03-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
Nice looking game congratulations jlcebrian, I wish I could try it are you planning on releasing a Lite version of the game in the near future?
Hey, thanks! To be honest, this is something we're still scratching our heads about. Since it is a never-ending arcade it is not easy to fit a lite version here. We have some IAP inside for those few who may want to take a shortcut to the late mugs, but the game was really designed as a small one-dollar snack.

I'm not sure yet if this model still makes sense anymore, but we'll keep thinking about a way to make a free version anyway.
03-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Just in case there is anybody else interested, I convinced my colleagues to give away two promo codes more. Enjoy! (Please post a note if you grab one of them)

KYXL4YE63YM7
HJWYATF7P4LK
03-06-2012, 02:41 AM
HJWYATF7P4LK. Thanks.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
03-06-2012, 04:35 AM
You're welcome!
03-06-2012, 06:13 AM
It's fun to play for a while. You try (by tilting only) to catch coffee, water, sugar and coins and to avoid spiders. But there seems to be a lot of grinding.

There should be an explanation of the "In-App Purchases" for real money in the main app description text. There are occasionally fullscreen ads (to tap away) for the very game you're playing

Played it for about ten minutes and got only 59 coins (and 170 GC achievement points). Need 250 coins for the first update "Muggie". Don't know when I will have time left for that

Controls and graphics work smooth on iPhone 4 (latest iOS). Jazzy music and effect sounds okay.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
03-08-2012, 04:09 AM
Hi all! I'm part of Pocket Puppet too, as JlCebrian (Hi JL! ) and we will put two new codes every day (If the two posted the last day are used, of course ) We need some feedback from the game, to improve the game experience!!

Thaks for all!!

Codes of the day:

TNW6ATNYJJPM
7A3WXNJLX3AW