★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pocket Planes - (by NimbleBit) (Universal)

03-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Pocket Planes - (by NimbleBit) (Universal)

From the creators of Tiny Tower comes Pocket Planes, a casual airline sim that fits right in your pocket!

Features:
  • Manage and grow your fleet of planes as they fly interesting people and cargo to over 250 cities around the map.
  • Unlock everything from tiny prop planes to jumbo jets and small town airports to mega cities.
  • Customize your planes with your own paint jobs and pilot uniforms.
  • Trade plane parts among your friends, and compete in worldwide group events.
  • See how you stack up against your friends with tons of stats and leader boards.

News:

-------------------------

Message from the Developer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post
Shooting for end of June.
-------------------------

Screenshots:

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-22-2012 at 06:23 PM.
03-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Love NimbleBit games. This looks even better than their previous ones.

03-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Nimblebit is one of the few devs that do freemium right.
03-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I am disappointed at the retro pixelated theme. It would've looked great in 1992. Now it looks crappy. I don't know what is so cool about such theme compared to nice, smooth, HD graphics of Pocket Frogs. Thats one of the reasons I never got into Tiny Tower.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
03-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Not only will I immediately download this game when it comes out, I will give nimblebit 500yen as a thank you for making it. Maybe even more in the future. I can't wait!
03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
my god this looks amazing!
03-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Pixel glory! I hope this game will become my new obsession .
03-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Dear NimbleBit, I dig that you are a 2 person indie team, but you have been very successful I'm sure you can afford a digital artist, hell you can source one from Asia for cheaps on per project basis even nowadays.

So my comment,
I don't like pixelly graphics.
There are people who tell you that those are retro cool, whatever, so shoot me I'm artificial.

If you keep this up people will buy Dream Heights and Dream Planes despite what your other pixel fanboys says.
If you think people don't care about graphics, most games won't look the way it is right now.

So please give the next Pocket -whatever- a graphical update.
03-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1976 View Post
Dear NimbleBit, I dig that you are a 2 person indie team, but you have been very successful I'm sure you can afford a digital artist, hell you can source one from Asia for cheaps on per project basis even nowadays.

So my comment,
I don't like pixelly graphics.
There are people who tell you that those are retro cool, whatever, so shoot me I'm artificial.

If you keep this up people will buy Dream Heights and Dream Planes despite what your other pixel fanboys says.
If you think people don't care about graphics, most games won't look the way it is right now.

So please give the next Pocket -whatever- a graphical update.
I rather have good game play than graphics any day, I don't care how it looks just that it plays well. I've put more time into Tiny Tower than most other games with good graphics in the last year. I kind of like Nimblebit's "retro" feel they give to their games, it has character. At least it isn't another brown shiny world or some copy and paste game thats been done already.

Also the two man indie team, the one does the programming and the other does well the ART, so they have an artist.

Need help with Pocket Frogs read this: Dbhjed's Pocket Frogs Strategies
Is iDOS confusing you? read this: iDOS Guide
03-06-2012, 05:55 PM
I think that pixel graphics are amazing and remind you of the good old days. I also love the concept of the game keep up the awesome work.

Member of the Beta Tester Alliance
Games I have Beta Tested: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US
Add me on Game Center: bjp13