★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Team 2D
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.0 MB
  • Version: 2.04
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: ride your snowboard down a dangerous mountain. try to avoid collisions with trees and other obstacles. discover many levels with different difficulties.

gamecenter features:
compare your score with players from all over the world and reach the top of the score board.
try to unlock all 14 achievements.

like us on facebook:
www.facebook.com/Team2D

CAB's comments:
I would like to present to you my game called Down the Hill that was developed in the context of an advanced seminar at the TU Munich. Up to now, we are a team of two developers. Before we build this game we never build an app at all. So this is our first release.

It is a pretty simple game that is influenced by an old time windows classic called SkiFree. We tried to keep it with a retro look end even keep the old gameplay in general.

We included the use of game center to compare high scores with all players worldwide. There are some achievements as well.

Hope you will like it even tough its pretty simple but quite enjoyable and addicting if you try to get on top of the high scores.

I have created a gameplay video (music is not part of the game. The song is called Kings of Rock'n'Roll by SpitFire):

Down the Hill in the AppStore (Full Version):

To give it a try you can also download the Lite Version that has less features

Lite Version in the AppStore (FREE):

You can like us on facebook as well. www.facebook.com/Team2D

I am seriously interessted how do you like it?
02-21-2012, 10:29 AM
I love this game, it's challenging and really addicting! My best score was 10k points

02-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Lite Version

There is now also a lite version of this game availabe. I have added the link into the description above.

Give it a try!!
02-28-2012, 08:11 PM
My best score was 10k points
02-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Keep on trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebenezer18 View Post
My best score was 10k points
Not bad at all. So u liked it? Keep on trying. I know that it's difficult to call yourself king of the hill. But it is possible as someone already has this achievement (according to the high scores) ...
03-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Down the Hill by Team2D - Lite Version now availabe

I would like to present to you my game called Down the Hill that was developed in the context of an advanced seminar at the TU Munich. Up to now, we are a team of two developers. Before we build this game we never build an app at all. So this is our first release.

It is a pretty simple game that is influenced by an old time windows classic called SkiFree. We tried to keep it with a retro look end even keep the old gameplay in general.

We included the use of game center to compare high scores with all players worldwide. There are some achievements as well.

Hope you will like it even tough its pretty simple but quite enjoyable and addicting if you try to get on top of the high scores.

I have created a gameplay video (music is not part of the game. The song is called Kings of Rock'n'Roll by SpitFire):

Down the Hill in the AppStore (Full Version):

To give it a try you can also download the Lite Version that has less features

Lite Version in the AppStore (FREE):

You can like us on facebook as well. www.facebook.com/Team2D

I am seriously interessted how do you like it?
07-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Version 2.0 released

Version 2.0 is now available in the appStore. These changes were made:

- revised graphics
- HD graphics added to support iPhone/iPod Touch retina display
- completely new HUD
- fixed hit boxes

the links above were updated automatically of cause.
07-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Haven't tried the game yet, but video really reminds me of a old Commodore game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5_0hE6_GzM

Oh the nostalgia
07-06-2012, 03:51 AM
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines View Post
Haven't tried the game yet, but video really reminds me of a old Commodore game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5_0hE6_GzM

Oh the nostalgia
yeah ... our idol was ski free .. a lot of people told that it is just another clone of this c64 game... so this game was an attempt to get a simple game back on a modern screen.

Last edited by CAB; 07-06-2012 at 05:53 AM. Reason: spelling correction