★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: GuyZ
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.1 MB
  • Version: 1.3.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17u_yYT1Kx0&hd=1

The year of 1997, an old school evil hacker called Hax0r, poisons the town with a cruel laxative gas. Rumor has it, that within radius of 10 miles, you couldn't find a clean pair of underpants... Hax0r used his genius, yet megalomaniac mind, to build an empire served by robots which exist solely to fulfill his needs and worship his greatness. They raid the town, loot whatever comes to hand, and spare no gentle soul from insults. To the rescue comes Jake, armed with utter coolness and mighty jumping skills, he walks in to Hax0r's robot guarded headquarters...

Unstoppable Jake is a platform game of the type that we all used to love and miss so badly.

Rate Unstoppable Jake 5 stars in the App Store, so we can continue making exciting features for you!

Like Unstoppable Jake on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/UnstoppableJake

Unstoppable Jake Features:
+ 20 Super-fun and challenging levels!
+ 8 Different types of robots with different AI
+ A Variety of Challenging Puzzles.
+ Very Big Levels
+ Smooth Animations
+ Great D-Pad controls
+ 60FPS on iPhone 4S, and iPad 2
+ 30FPS on 3rd Gen devices, iPhone 4, and iPad 1
+ In-Game Story Scripts
+ Complex Boss Battle
+ Per-Level Achievements: Finding All Secrets, Collecting All Coins, Killing All Robots
+ GameCenter Leaderboard

metalcasket's comments:
03-06-2012, 09:23 AM
My platformers are so backlogged right now, this does look good though. Ugh!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

03-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Any idea of the control system ? Looks alright (To the dev - its 'secrets' not secreats'

Would get this if i knew it had a d-pad
03-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I think most will agree that platformers are the best types of games on the iOS. I always thought puzzles will be it but with all the good stuff in general are platformers. Yes there are good RPGs and really good adventure games. Twin stick shooters IMO are pretty much mediocre but there are a couple titles that have caught more attention than the rest. Traditional shmups are good, but they are usually hampered by replayability. Not Platformers. Platformers are very consistent at what they do. Platformers are easy to make, easy to play, and best of all, can be casual or hardcore depending on how much you are going to invest in them.

Looks like this game is no exception for a platformer. I think it looks really good. Waiting for impressions. Little short on cash now to take a dive since i just bought a Darth Vader mini-statue.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Theres no contact email address on their website which is a bit weird, but i've messaged them via youtube and also Facebook asking about controls so i'll let you know when i hear something back

Edit - He just emailed me back and said...

"Hi there, it's using a drawn D-Pad. "

Last edited by psj3809; 03-06-2012 at 10:02 AM.
03-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Right ! I'm going in again ! Wish me luck !!

(Downloading)

Right just playing it now, nice old skool charm to it with the graphics. It has an onscreen d pad which seems to work well, on the right hand side is a jump button and another button (not sure what that does yet, presume its for a power up)

You jump, press up to go up ladders, usual platform mularky. Oh i see, you get a gun soon after and that becomes that other icon.

You're on one big scrolling level, level 1 you have to get pieces of some code before you can exit, go up ladders, jump down to other levels, get coins etc. Only 'niggle' so far is that i died on some spikes and that was the end, had to restart, dont seem to have 'lives'.

For me personally i love platform games so i like the look and feel of this one already, 20 levels so far, looking at the youtube video theres a fair bit of platforming action and different levels to this so yep i'm enjoying this, shall be playing much more later.

Last edited by psj3809; 03-06-2012 at 10:08 AM.
03-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Right ! I'm going in again ! Wish me luck !!

(Downloading)
Good luck dude. If this one doesn't turn out fantastic I'll feel really bad for making 2 threads about games that didn't live up their potential.

EDIT: Gotta ask...retina?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-06-2012, 10:09 AM
The devs also uploaded another video showing the gameplay with the button layout etc...

YouTube: video

Think so far theres a fair bit to it, later on theres buttons to press and different puzzles, eg stack boxes to get to a level etc. Reminds me a 'bit' of Robot Kitty.

But yeah really liking it, would recommend it if youre a platforming fan
03-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Any idea of the control system ? Looks alright (To the dev - its 'secrets' not secreats'

Would get this if i knew it had a d-pad
Ahh! The other team member have dyslexia, it's going to be fixed in our first update

BTW, psj3809, thanks for your courageousness!
03-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnstoppableJake View Post
Ahh! The other team member have dyslexia, it's going to be fixed in our first update

BTW, psj3809, thanks for your courageousness!
Welcome to TA... Jake(?) Haha. It's always great when devs take part in these threads with us.

I guess psj didn't notice my edit, but I have to ask: Is Unstoppable Jake retina enabled?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"