★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

One and One Story (A side-scrolling puzzle game by Mattia Traverso)

03-06-2012, 05:56 PM
One and One Story (A side-scrolling puzzle game by Mattia Traverso)

One and One Story is an experiential side-scrolling puzzle with a Limbo look and Braid-like brain twisters. It's minimalist and moody, but also strangely, warming. The premise revolves around the relationship between a shadowy boy and a girl and it explores the themes of this relationship mechanically and structurally. Each chapter riffs on different aspects of this relationship, including periods of loss and love.

For example, in the loss levels, the boy losses his ability to jump. In the love levels, players have to control both characters and have them meet in the middle of a puzzle. Chapters are bookended with tiny bits and pieces of narrative, each vague enough to allow the user to draw his or her own conclusion.

The iPad and iPhone builds will incorporate, possibly, a bonus mode, a refined look, a new song, and levels playable by two people simultaneously. Multiplayer is specifically something that Traverso wants to focus on.

You can play the flash version of One and One Story here: http://armorgames.com/play/12409/one-and-one-story

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
03-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
This is a clever design! Really smart designs like this that reuse levels effectively and have style are pretty rare.

03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Limbo + Braid = Me excited!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
interesting concept hope it work out

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8