★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Download the @FreeAppADay.com Store App and wish for more top rated
paid apps like Sky Defenders to become FREE for a day!

"Whether it was from a spider bite, gamma rays or lab experiment gone wrong, the megaminds at Superplay Games have created one super app." 9/10 -Glossy Eyed

Calling all heroes! The city is being invaded by an endless horde of evil robots, and its up to you to hold them off long enough for reinforcements to arrive. Collect fantastic power-ups to rack up huge point scores in your quest to survive and wipe out the opposing forces. Use the online leaderboard to show your friends that you are the ultimate hero! Cowards need not apply!

Key features of Sky Defenders include:

- Top-down Survival Gameplay: To dodge and defeat waves of enemies, superheroes and heroines must maneuver the skies, collect power-ups, and chain together combos in order to rack up points and survive as long as possible

- Motion Controls: Players control their superhero by tilting the iOS device. With precise acceleration and movement, players must hone their flying skill in order to boost their score and top the leaderboards

- Collectible Power-ups: Players can gain an extra edge in combat by collecting power-ups, which are unlockable by racking up big point totals or through in-game purchases

- Facebook Integration: Sky Defenders syncs with Facebook so players will be able to compete head to head with their friends on the games leaderboards.

SAGEKING's comments:
Hello everyone, we just launched a new super hero arcade tilt game for iPhone & iPad! It is fast paced and easy to pick up - with an incredibles inspired style to it. Would love to know what you guys think.

03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Is there IAP?

03-06-2012, 09:43 PM
I like the looks of it, and the inspiration, though I'm still trying to suss out the actual gameplay mechanics from the pictures. Any chance you'll be releasing a lite version for the curious amongst us? I'm definitely intrigued.
03-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Is there IAP?
There are, but you don't need to buy anything to have fun and most importantly... experience ALL of the content.

There will be special hero power-ups and credits you can both accrue through games played, daily missions, or IAP and you will get 30k with the purchase of the game too. Each game you play, you will gather currency pretty quick from the bots you destroy.

The game is also balanced to be able to play without these power-ups and still achieve high scores and have fast paced fun.

Last edited by SAGEKING; 03-06-2012 at 10:03 PM.
03-06-2012, 09:49 PM
lovin the looks of this....im on a superhero kick...

edit...DAMN...tilt only...sorry no gusto

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
03-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
I like the looks of it, and the inspiration, though I'm still trying to suss out the actual gameplay mechanics from the pictures. Any chance you'll be releasing a lite version for the curious amongst us? I'm definitely intrigued.
The game mechanics revolve around using the gyro-mechanics of the iOS device, tilting it to fly around the city and kicking butt on waves of bots.

We will look into a lite version for sure, but we don't have it in the works just yet. Try the game out and let us know what you think! - All feedback is super appreciated
03-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
lovin the looks of this....im on a superhero kick...

edit...DAMN...tilt only...sorry no gusto
We were thinking of also adding a 'virtual d-pad' too for the gameplay... let me know what you think of that, if it would also be fun as an additional option to control your hero (?)
03-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGEKING View Post
There will be special hero power-ups you can both accrue through games played, daily missions, or IAP and you will get 30k with the purchase of the game too. Each game you play, you will gather currency pretty quick from the bots you destroy.

The game is also balanced to be able to play without these power-ups and still achieve high scores and have fast paced fun.
Yeah, I like things a little simpler than that. I'll just stick to games that don't utilise genius balancing that makes a player not need to spend more money yet still want to. Thanks for your answer.
03-09-2012, 12:19 PM
i loved this game.
03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
How about a video so we can see how it plays?