App description: Speed through several exciting stages. Pick a character and choose your path as you drive!
The impressive sense of speed, catchy tunes and a super-retro look, will kick you back to the 80s! Beat the clock to the next checkpoint and don't let the pesky challenger beat you!

FEATURES
- Old-school arcade racing through 14 stages
- Real-time road splits (choose as you go)
- Fast, fast driving action!
- Awesome pixel art, for a perfect retro feeling
- 3 fantastic pop-rock tunes
- 3 selectable characters, with different skills
- Crash sequences (watch out for that tree!)
- Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
- Touch, accelerometer and MFi Game Controllers support
- 3 difficulty levels

REVIEWS
- Touch Arcade: "I just cant believe how hooked Ive been on it since it came out."
- Pocket Gamer: "A pitch-perfect blend of retro nostalgia and blistering, hair-flapping arcade racing."

PROMO VIDEO
- http://youtu.be/OpNkAPMqamU

NOTICE: Virtual Joypad from getjoypad.com seems to be a closed project and we can no longer support it.

AnarKitty's comments:

The great-looking sequel to Outrun-like retro racer Final Freeway is out, and looking good!

03-07-2012, 12:14 AM
:O!

this looks awesome

im hitting the buy button

EDIT: All I have to say is....

IF YOU EVER... liked Outrun.... YOU NEED THIS GAME!!

Sure there is no crazy drifting like in Outrun, but this game is awesome from graphics, sound to controls

I only tried out the virtual Steering Wheel, but it worked wonderful

Looks FANTASTIC on my iPad 2 :

EDIT 2: There seems to be a spelling mistake? I dunno, maybe that's how it's supposed to be called in game but.... Kenyon?

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Sword of Xolan - Crusaders Quest - Hearthstone

Last edited by Drexiel; 03-07-2012 at 12:41 AM.

03-07-2012, 01:41 AM

Thus arcade racing on iOS ended with this release.

Guess it'll be hard to find a better timed arcade racer on iOS. Add an 'Insert Coin' function and I'll be happy .

Any plans for another FF title with 3D graphics?
03-07-2012, 02:50 AM
Loving this ! I'm a huge Out Run fan, the first Final Freeway game was very good, this ones even better, bought this morning and really enjoying it
03-07-2012, 03:08 AM
Smashing the Buy Button.
03-07-2012, 03:22 AM
How come is isn't the same developer? Anyone knows?
03-07-2012, 04:07 AM
Nice game, but far to easy.On the expert mode i reached the finish on my second game!
Nice, that there are arrow touch controls now. Would be nice, if they would be added to the first final freeway with an update.
03-07-2012, 04:12 AM
Good God, this surpasses the first one in every single way...no-brainer! As with the first, this has some of the best music in the genre, if not on all iOS. Highly, highly recommended.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-07-2012, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
Nice game, but far to easy.On the expert mode i reached the finish on my second game!
Nice, that there are arrow touch controls now. Would be nice, if they would be added to the first final freeway with an update.
Presume youre just very good at this game as i dont think its easy at all ! Had a few goes and did okay but still no where close to completing
03-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Worth it if you have the first one, so worth it if you don't. (How can this be a dollar?) It has evolved quite subtly, not radically. It looks better and has new gameplay elements that should help spread scores more than the first one. And the outrun-style stage choice (left and right branches after each stage) is a good change.