★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by staffordling View Post
Great little game that has a charming retro feel. If you like OutRun, spend four quarters and play this gem. Oyatsukai could easily make an Super Hang-On homage with their talent and $3 wouldn't be too steep.
Yeah ! That would be cool.. actually we started working on something with bikes, but it sort of stopped there.

Hopefully one day it'll happen
02-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrib View Post
coooool !!!

The only thing is the the aspect ratio.
Are there any games out there that do something to adjust the aspect ratio for the HDMI output ?
Don't let connector's image fool you. He's using a strech mode on his tv. It looks PERFECT on my tv without any stretch/zoom or other tweaking.

02-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Don't let connector's image fool you. He's using a strech mode on his tv. It looks PERFECT on my tv without any stretch/zoom or other tweaking.
ahhh ok.. I was hoping it was something like that.

btw, for added complexity one could even use Joypad as a remote controller
02-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Too bad that doesn't work iphone to iphone or iphone to ipodtouch or something. Seems like the controller app should be universal if it just uses bluetooth for the connection.

Still, I don't mind holding the phone to play since it's so small.
02-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrib View Post
ahhh ok.. I was hoping it was something like that.

btw, for added complexity one could even use Joypad as a remote controller
Yeah, I like using stretch mode usually, cause it is easy to get fullscreen. I also have normal view, wide (2x), zoom (4x), and panoramic views I can use. The other views preserve aspect ratios, but often don't use full screen, except for zoom which zooms in, this loses a little of the top and bottom but is full screen.

This game looks best in wide view or stretch, I prefer stretch, you get used to the picture after a couple of seconds,

Also, I love using joypad for this game, never realized it was a joypad game, but man, playing wireless and carrying my puny iphone as a joystick is great! Thanks!

Check out the hdmi thread, we are talking about this game a little on there now.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...=173262&page=8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	53172  
02-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Check out the hdmi thread, we are talking about this game a little on there now.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...=173262&page=8
Thanks for the heads up.. I posted it on Facebook as well
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Any chance this can get icade support?

I think it would be a good fit for this retro inspired game.
02-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosoma View Post
Any chance this can get icade support?

I think it would be a good fit for this retro inspired game.
Eh... this game works best for steering with an analog style input. Tilt is ok, but the on screen steering wheel is where it's at for me because I can very accurately adjust how tight I'm taking a turn.

I'm all for more games getting controller support. I wish apple would just release a controller already.
02-14-2013, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Eh... this game works best for steering with an analog style input. Tilt is ok, but the on screen steering wheel is where it's at for me because I can very accurately adjust how tight I'm taking a turn.

I'm all for more games getting controller support. I wish apple would just release a controller already.
I guess there is no way for you to use the joypad app with another iphone via hdmi is there? Then no cable.
11-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Free edition out for iOS !

Hi everyone,

We just released a free version of Final Freeway 2R !
Check it out ! -> https://itunes.apple.com/app/final-freeway-2r-free/id764077025?ls=1&mt=8

Also... we added iOS 7 game controller support. We didn't have any controller to test on, so it may very well not work.
If anyone has a controller and has a chance to test it, we'd be happy to know if and how it works.

Thanks and have fun ! 8)