★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-07-2012, 04:45 AM
#11
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 6,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frennis View Post
Worth it if you have the first one, so worth it if you don't. (How can this be a dollar?) It has evolved quite subtly, not radically. It looks better and has new gameplay elements that should help spread scores more than the first one. And the outrun-style stage choice (left and right branches after each stage) is a good change.
Might I add something? If you don't have the first, get it as well. Seriously.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-07-2012, 05:08 AM
#12
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 272
Wow.. it's great to see that the game is not disappointing !!

About the developer name, I know it's confusing, here's the thing:

Oyatsukai is the actual developer name/label that we used for all the titles.
The first FF was publisher individually under my name, "Davide Pasca", because there was no company in place.
After that, for practical purposes, we merged with NEWTYPE K.K.* and used that Apple account to do the publishing.

So, all new Oyatsukai games are published with the NEWTYPE account.. although it's really just us (^^;)

Anyhow, Thanks for the feedback.. it's all very much appreciated !

* In Japan K.K. stands for Inc.

03-07-2012, 05:13 AM
#13
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Any plans for another FF title with 3D graphics?
We're thinking about making a 3D racer.. probably a different theme, but still arcade and with an emphasis on speed
03-07-2012, 05:22 AM
#14
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
Nice game, but far to easy.On the expert mode i reached the finish on my second game!
Nice, that there are arrow touch controls now. Would be nice, if they would be added to the first final freeway with an update.
Wow.. well you're good. Could you also beat the challenger at every stage ? There's a special achievement for that.
Also take the route on the right if you feel like trying out some snow (less traction).

About the arrows, I'm glad to see that it works out well.
I have to say that I also like that control scheme now.. too bad it makes it hard to control speed.
It's unlikely we'll add it to the first FF, because at this point it would be just too much work for a title that is so old and being replaced by a sequel.
03-07-2012, 05:25 AM
#15
Game Impressions

03-07-2012, 06:15 AM
#16
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrib View Post
Wow.. it's great to see that the game is not disappointing !!

About the developer name, I know it's confusing, here's the thing:

Oyatsukai is the actual developer name/label that we used for all the titles.
The first FF was publisher individually under my name, "Davide Pasca", because there was no company in place.
After that, for practical purposes, we merged with NEWTYPE K.K.* and used that Apple account to do the publishing.

So, all new Oyatsukai games are published with the NEWTYPE account.. although it's really just us (^^;)

Anyhow, Thanks for the feedback.. it's all very much appreciated !

* In Japan K.K. stands for Inc.
AHA! (smashing buy button).
03-07-2012, 06:48 AM
#17
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrib View Post
About the arrows, I'm glad to see that it works out well. I have to say that I also like that control scheme now.. too bad it makes it hard to control speed.
There need to be two brake buttons for this mode (one on each side of the screen.) Oterwise it's just not an option to use it...is it?

As for the game, it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. Is it like Outrun? Better: it's how we remember Outrun to be.

I'm yet to try this on the iPad though; hoping the button placement won't present a problem there.
03-07-2012, 07:10 AM
#18
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Ponce, PR
Posts: 1,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
There need to be two brake buttons for this mode (one on each side of the screen.) Oterwise it's just not an option to use it...is it?

As for the game, it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. Is it like Outrun? Better: it's how we remember Outrun to be.

I'm yet to try this on the iPad though; hoping the button placement won't present a problem there.
i consider the buttons to be placed perfectly on the ipad...

and yeah, having only 1 brake button on the arrow control settings is awkward and makes braking very difficult when you need to turn left and brake

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
03-07-2012, 07:12 AM
#19
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Might I add something? If you don't have the first, get it as well. Seriously.
Agreed!
03-07-2012, 07:29 AM
#20
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
i consider the buttons to be placed perfectly on the ipad...

and yeah, having only 1 brake button on the arrow control settings is awkward and makes braking very difficult when you need to turn left and brake
Which control option do you use? The arrow controls are fine, but the wheel is as I was fearing: proportionately the same size as on the iPhone, making it too large to comfortably use with the thumb.

@Dev: any chance we could get an option for a reduced size wheel on the iPad? Positioned as close as possible to the edge of the screen?