Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-07-2012, 07:37 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Recommended! High speed feeling. It's not Asphalt but a decent racer. Good controls, visuals (retro) and sound.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Which control option do you use? The arrow controls are fine, but the wheel is as I was fearing: proportionately the same size as on the iPhone, making it too large to comfortably use with the thumb.

@Dev: any chance we could get an option for a reduced size wheel on the iPad? Positioned as close as possible to the edge of the screen?
The controls are globally larger than on iPhone but are smaller in proportion.
So, there is some scaling to compensate for a larger screen. But perhaps it's too much..
BTW, by the edge of the screen, you mean closer to the side, right? Not closer to the bottom?

About having 2 brakes.. I regret not putting that in.
Frankly the best thing would be to be able to let the accelerator go.. braking is a bit extreme, but it's better than crashing 8)

Anyway, I guess that we'll add the two brakes in the next update.

Thanks!
Davide
Old 03-07-2012, 08:34 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrib View Post
The controls are globally larger than on iPhone but are smaller in proportion.
So, there is some scaling to compensate for a larger screen. But perhaps it's too much..
BTW, by the edge of the screen, you mean closer to the side, right? Not closer to the bottom?

About having 2 brakes.. I regret not putting that in.
Frankly the best thing would be to be able to let the accelerator go.. braking is a bit extreme, but it's better than crashing 8)

Anyway, I guess that we'll add the two brakes in the next update.

Thanks!
Davide
Yes, I mean closer to the side.

Regarding the brakes vs letting the accelerator go: what about the option to have the accelerator buttons below the arrows instead of the brakes? With the Accelerator Lock option turned on, this would work just fine. After having played for a little while, I actually don't see myself needing to use the brakes ever, but letting the accelerator go is very useful in some instances.

In any case, I still prefer the wheel option due to much finer control; it's just too big for me to be able to use it comfortably on the iPad. And the game just simply plays too gloriously on the iPad for me to feel content playing it on the smaller screen.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Yes, I mean closer to the side.

Regarding the brakes vs letting the accelerator go: what about the option to have the accelerator buttons below the arrows instead of the brakes?
That's probably better.. I'm just worried about possibly raising some confusion.
But it would probably be for the best. We'll need to test it out.

Quote:
In any case, I still prefer the wheel option due to much finer control; it's just too big for me to be able to use it comfortably on the iPad. And the game just simply plays too gloriously on the iPad for me to feel content playing it on the smaller screen.
I have to admit that I didn't play with the wheel much on iPad. I can get by, but I agree it could be smaller.. and maybe more sensible.

We'll need to fine tune that too..

Thanks for the input ! 8)
Old 03-07-2012, 10:32 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Made world wide overall rank #4 with default controls (iPad 2) and never touched brakes. 1,886,394 points. 6 of 8 achievements.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:56 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrib View Post
We're thinking about making a 3D racer.. probably a different theme, but still arcade and with an emphasis on speed

Could some modern racing elements be added in? Like drafting/slipstream and drifting? (Outrun)

In the mean time, FF2 will be the best of its class .
Old 03-07-2012, 05:10 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Which control option do you use? The arrow controls are fine, but the wheel is as I was fearing: proportionately the same size as on the iPhone, making it too large to comfortably use with the thumb.

@Dev: any chance we could get an option for a reduced size wheel on the iPad? Positioned as close as possible to the edge of the screen?
I started using the wheel... but after 5-10 minutes my hand started to hurt cuz the wheel is too big and whenever i turn right i get uncomfortable... so i switched to the arrows... but only 1 brake.... made me switch back and forth between to 2 options
Old 03-07-2012, 05:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
I started using the wheel... but after 5-10 minutes my hand started to hurt cuz the wheel is too big and whenever i turn right i get uncomfortable... so i switched to the arrows... but only 1 brake.... made me switch back and forth between to 2 options
Yep, exact same thing here. I also just generally prefer the wheel because you're able to steer in increments. Not an option for me on the iPad at the moment though; hopefully we'll see an update with a size adjustment.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

OK, we'll definitely update those..

Incidentally, I could finish the game using the arrows controls without touching the brake.. it's not the best solution.. but using Rico makes it somewhat more convenient to bump into other vehicles 8)
Old 03-07-2012, 11:28 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

OK! Finally released! Was a tester for this and can say this is better than the first one in every way! If you ever liked Outrun, you need this! Nicely tuned with a retro feel and new game play make this a must buy! You gotta check this out! It's gonna go big!