Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-10-2012, 10:51 PM
TheCrib's Avatar
TheCrib TheCrib is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
Cool, wasn't sure if they were typos though that answers my question
Cool..

There's also Kenyon, which is an existing name, but it should probably be Canyon in this case.

Let's call those creative licenses
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-11-2012, 12:23 AM
gunxsword gunxsword is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
Default


I got new gift cards but forgot to purchase this game after redeeming them!

I feel somewhat guilty now...

Anyways, this game is just as great as I expected it to be. The sense of speed is exhilarating!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Sri Ram Sri Ram is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 433
Default Game Impressions

@TheCrib : Bought it, great game! Worth it for the memories it brought back
I directly played on expert and was able to reach the end on first run, wasnt able to beat the challenger though,so that's something to look forward to.

Also, I noticed that the game gets a bit "too easy" with the Arrow key controls, and feels "challenging" only with the tilt controls.

I still wish there were an endless mode though, where we could probably have tracks loopin; and I definitely wish there were more tracks. Maybe I'll pickup the first game as well if it's got different tracks but same gameplay.

Overall, I'm enjoying it, will be great if you have plans to add more game modes/tracks.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-12-2012, 05:59 AM
TheCrib's Avatar
TheCrib TheCrib is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Anyways, this game is just as great as I expected it to be. The sense of speed is exhilarating!
Thanks for checking it out.. sense of speed is one thing that shall never be missed in our racing games (^o^)
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-12-2012, 06:13 AM
TheCrib's Avatar
TheCrib TheCrib is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Ram View Post
Also, I noticed that the game gets a bit "too easy" with the Arrow key controls, and feels "challenging" only with the tilt controls.

I still wish there were an endless mode though, where we could probably have tracks loopin; and I definitely wish there were more tracks. Maybe I'll pickup the first game as well if it's got different tracks but same gameplay.

Overall, I'm enjoying it, will be great if you have plans to add more game modes/tracks.
Thanks for the purchase and the feedback.

I think that most "casual" players find it rather difficult.. but of course it's important to please also those skilled players that can manage to finish the game at Expert on the first run ().

Arrow key controls being much easier is not a good thing.
There is however one advantage with accel steering, and that's that one can actually steer more than what's possible with the arrow keys.
That's there for balancing and it's possible that accel steering in the long run could turn out to be better than arrow keys steering, especially when using Rico, which would otherwise lack the agility.

If the game goes well (crossing my fingers x(^_^)x), we already have some simple ideas to put in to add variety to the gameplay.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Sri Ram Sri Ram is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 433
Default

Sounds awesome, looking forward to that update!
Btw,the game did get get challenging with Rico on Expert, having a blast with the close calls and 0 second checkpoint moments,
Wish the game goes well for you guys,all the best !
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
TheCrib's Avatar
TheCrib TheCrib is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 272
Default

Thanks !

BTW.. the guy that was #1 until yesterday, told me that he uses Rico.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-13-2012, 04:12 AM
DrSpoffo DrSpoffo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrib View Post
It's unlikely we'll add it to the first FF, because at this point it would be just too much work for a title that is so old and being replaced by a sequel.
That's a terrible attitude. Unless you're going to remove the first game from sale (why would you do that?), it's not a replacement but an addition. Every copy of FF1 you sell makes you the exact same amount of money that FF2R does. People who play FF2R and never saw the first game will almost certainly want to buy it, and will then wonder why the control method they like isn't in it.

Quote:
for one thing, I'm not even sure what's the best path to get the highest score.
The stages are all about the same length, but some are more challenging than others.
For this reason it's not really adequate to have a single high score leaderboard. You obviously can't have one for every combination, but you should at least have a separate one for each finishing point, as well as an overall one.

Oh, and having to manually enter your name every time is really annoying. Name entry - in every game, by anyone, always - should default to the last one used so that you can just hit Enter three times quickly to put the same name in again.

Apart from those (and the absence of a right-hand brake which you've already said you'll fix), it's a brilliant game. There's nothing wrong with it being fairly easy to reach the end, as long as there's plenty scope to improve your score along the way.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-13-2012, 04:24 AM
metalcasket's Avatar
metalcasket metalcasket is offline
Moderator
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 5,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpoffo View Post
Unless you're going to remove the first game from sale (why would you do that?), it's not a replacement but an addition. Every copy of FF1 you sell makes you the exact same amount of money that FF2R does. People who play FF2R and never saw the first game will almost certainly want to buy it, and will then wonder why the control method they like isn't in it.
Agreed. It may be a substantial amount of work for a game that's past its prime, but considering FF2R is a sequel and not a "standalone" game, I think it's a given that the first Final Freeway is going to get some attention with the increasing sales of this game. It would be shame to just throw it aside. We're not talking a complete graphical overhaul here, but adding "Arrow" controls could be that very worthy "last update ever" for the first FF.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:27 AM
TheCrib's Avatar
TheCrib TheCrib is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpoffo View Post
That's a terrible attitude. Unless you're going to remove the first game from sale (why would you do that?), it's not a replacement but an addition. Every copy of FF1 you sell makes you the exact same amount of money that FF2R does.
Well, I'm only one person working full time running the company and there's just too much other work to do to.
I'd rather improve FF2 and Fractal Combat than the first FF which is 18 months old and has already been updated 5 times.

Quote:
For this reason it's not really adequate to have a single high score leaderboard. You obviously can't have one for every combination, but you should at least have a separate one for each finishing point, as well as an overall one.
It could be a good idea. We'll definitely consider it.

Quote:
Oh, and having to manually enter your name every time is really annoying. Name entry - in every game, by anyone, always - should default to the last one used so that you can just hit Enter three times quickly to put the same name in again.
It's just like in the arcades
But I know what you mean.

Quote:
Apart from those (and the absence of a right-hand brake which you've already said you'll fix), it's a brilliant game. There's nothing wrong with it being fairly easy to reach the end, as long as there's plenty scope to improve your score along the way.
Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you like the game
The right brake will definitely be in the next update.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent