Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-08-2012, 03:36 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

more free stuff

it is good to know there is a mobile game like DoTA, League of Legends. There are so many people play these games and i think they are going to be grateful
Old 03-08-2012, 06:56 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 4.x

So are achievs the only way to get more leaves, besides iAP?
Old 03-11-2012, 05:39 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

So far whats the stage you guys have reached without IAP?? The difficulty lvl per stage is damn steep. The mobs keep being overpowered!!
Old 03-11-2012, 06:57 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingcat View Post
So far whats the stage you guys have reached without IAP?? The difficulty lvl per stage is damn steep. The mobs keep being overpowered!!
how far are you? i've been slowly going through stages (trying to do hard and hell before continuing). if i'm around where you are i can try telling you what i did/used. i'm not to far just to be warned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfong View Post
So are achievs the only way to get more leaves, besides iAP?
apparently random boxes at the end of levels can give you leafs but it's rare and you only get 6. and you cant redo a completed level to get another random box. so what you get is what you get.

just assume that anything that costs more than 20 leafs you probably are gonna need real money for it.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:04 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I achieved level 15 without iap,unlocked everything that is unlockable with gold but collected only 60 leaf so far
Old 03-11-2012, 08:15 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

this is an awfully shallow game for something that charges a crapload of money for "leaf". Dense maps, gameplay, and abilities. Honestly, this game is nothing more than another IAP factory.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotwars View Post
this is an awfully shallow game for something that charges a crapload of money for "leaf". Dense maps, gameplay, and abilities. Honestly, this game is nothing more than another IAP factory.
Your not wrong, but it is fun. The problem is that there is no way I can see to grind so if you screw up your level up points your pretty much stuck.

I cant even tell how close I am to another level up, whether its per hero or per character. Spent my first level up point on damage, and it did seem to help, I guess mobs have armor.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

I beat stage 14 I think and then deleted the game. It's pretty fun, and as long as you use the skills right, it's not bad so far. I can see the eventual pay wall though and didn't feel like grinding to get leaves for stat points so I deleted it. Overal, a pretty fun DOTA for what it is.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:50 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I don't see that there is any paywall per se. Too many people have the asinine idea that if a game is going to eventually charge money to play some part of the game, but that the game didn't cost money to download, that game is somehow doing something wrong. I commend the Nimblebits and Backflips that are able to craft free games that are truly playable for everyone without any real limitations, but those games also don't do a whole lot. They are simplistic time management games that outside of art assets don't have much of a production overhead. Whether you're talking the genuine DotA, Leage of Legends, or HoN, ALL will cost money unless you accept severe limitations (or don't even play at all in the case of the original).

I'm in the process of unlocking the third hero (Spear Leafy) and, if he follows the same power escalation as Speed Leafy, should let me finish the available levels or come dang close, at least on normal. That's with no IAP. It's also important to note that, for good or ill, there is no grinding for leaves as some have claimed, and, really, no grinding at all. You get one non-coin reward per level per difficulty completion. There is no other form of grinding since you will make more than enough coins just by playing for the gold stars.

So, all in all, there's probably 8-10 hours of gameplay, maybe more depending on the number of attempts it takes you to get through the levels for the cost of $0.

Now, they definitely could stand to re-tweak the IAP in the game. Far too much emphasis on consumables, and a minimum $10 purchase just to unlock the two cash heroes available at launch and another five, presumably cash based heroes already promised for an update. In all, there's 920 leaves worth of heroes, allies, and ally slots in the base game, which is over $12 right there if you are crazy enough to buy the $50 package ($17+@$30 package, and $18 w/ $10 package). That's not even getting into the matters of stat points and plant points.

OTOH, you could easily blow a few hundred dollars on Leage of Legends without even trying.

So, download or not, delete or not, but while you're clearly not going to unlock everything in the game without paying, it's a pretty solid game that will provide hours of gameplay for nothing.

Last edited by C.Hannum; 03-11-2012 at 12:01 PM..
Old 03-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

very good post C.Hannum