★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bulkypix
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 110.8 MB
  • Version: 1.25
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.3 (3)
App description: Go, Lightopus ! You are the last of our kind. Go into the Abyss, save the Bulbies and bring back the Light!

All the Lightopuses in the Abyss were killed and their remaining young captured by the monsters of the Abyss. You are the only lightopus alive, a species on the brink of extinction. Your mission is to rescue the young Lightopus and free them from the Abyss monsters' sealzones.

G4's Knuckle Up- The Best Mobile Games
Im going to go out on a limb and predict Lightopus will be a future Hall of Famer for the App Store. It's a mix of colorful environments, simple yet challenging gameplay, and upbeat soundtrack make for one of those lightning in a bottle games you cant stop playing.

148Apps - Editor's Choice
This game is not to be missed by those looking for something new to enchant them on the iOS platform.

Touch Arcade - Beauty Through Motion
Every feature adds to a superb overall presentation that just works.

Pocket Gamer - Silver Award
This is innovative gaming at its finest, and whilst it's let down by a few niggles, they're not enough to spoil what is a fantastically enjoyable, highly playable arcade adventure.

AppTudes - Editor's Choice
Lightopus is a beautifully crafted game. The game looks great on retina display, and the gameplay is both unusual and addictive. If players are looking for a challenging yet simple game, Lightopus is worth checking out.

AppSpy - A Unique Experience
Lightopus is visually intriguing and aurally relaxing, as you swim around protecting your babies, and having them feed on your enemies. A unique experience.

What's new in version 1.2

-Casual and Advanced modes
-New power-ups
-Game balancing adjusted

Features:

Unique and intuitive control: Optional touch control or virtual joypad
Fun and addictive gameplay
Attractive graphics
Lifely character movements with AI
Face various monster bosses with special powers
Collect stars to unlock Monster's Hive for special gameplay
iCloud support
Original and attractive music
Game Center Leaderboards & Achievements Support
42 Achievements
Checkpoint System

Universal version
-------------------------------
CURIOUS? More info on:
-------------------------------
bulkypix.com
facebook.com/Bulkypix
twitter.com/Bulkypix
youtube.com/Bulkypix

Echoseven's comments:

03-07-2012, 06:01 AM
I beta tested this a while ago and let me just say - I LOVE THIS GAME. Seriously, best release this week imo, no question. It hit all the right notes for me - I've never had an experience quite like this on iOS or even anywhere else.

Also seeing as my comments are extremely positive, please disregard them and wait for further impressions, this game might not be for everyone.

I loved it though.

To bits.

Seriously.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.

03-07-2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I beta tested this a while ago and let me just say - I LOVE THIS GAME. Seriously, best release this week imo, no question. It hit all the right notes for me - I've never had an experience quite like this on iOS or even anywhere else.

Also seeing as my comments are extremely positive, please disregard them and wait for further impressions, this game might not be for everyone.

I loved it though.

To bits.

Seriously.
Haha cool - love the art style and colours - prob will get it

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
03-07-2012, 06:11 AM
If you liked Glowfish, you'll probably like this. This is more combat-centric though.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
03-07-2012, 06:12 AM
What a nice surprise!!! Been really looking forward to this one, it's the very definition of the term, Instabuy.

The fact that the art style is so heavily borrowed from Mumbo Jumbo's utterly fabulous Glowfish is a very good thing!

[EDIT]: Speaking of Mumbo Jumbo, this was my post number 747!! Weird huh?!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

Last edited by Simon Potticary; 03-07-2012 at 06:17 AM.
03-07-2012, 06:15 AM
Smashing the Buy Button - Will report back as soon as I`m back from the Ocean...
03-07-2012, 06:29 AM
It was a pleasure beta testing this game. The dreamy soundtrack + hectic gameplay in the later stages is addictive.

My Beta Test List
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance.
03-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Looks great, another insta-buy. This is turning out to be quite an expensive day, by iOS standards :P

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
03-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Nice game, beta tested it, but frankly, I didn't bond to it as much as E7. The graphics, sounds and whole presentation is amazing, but something was missing from me there... Of course if you like the feeling of Glowfish, I doubt you'll hate this.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
03-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Looks really cool - what are the controls like?