• Publisher: GlobZ
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 13.1 MB
  • Version: 1.33
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A small tap on your screen and a giant leap for TwinSpin ;-)
You play a pair of Twins connected by a line.
By tapping anywhere you like on the screen you swap the Twins and make a step.
Pop all the balloons of every level in a limited time!

What makes the game unique:
- one button (one tap) for many different actions (walk, run, pop, smash, slide)
- 72 handcrafted levels
- fast-paced arcade puzzler
- unique kawaii graphics
- and much much more for you to discover ;-)

-----------------------
Blake Patterson/TouchArcade

"The one-tap control mechanic, requiring precise timing and a fast reflex to keep out of trouble, makes for a unique and fun game experience I've not encountered before, and one that works perfectly for short, one-handed play sessions on the go"

http://toucharcade.com/2012/03/06/gdc-2012-a-look-at-clever-arcade-puzzler-twin-spin/
-----------------------
John Bardinelli/Jayisgames

"TwinSpin is fantastic!

The impressive variety of the TwinSpin series starts almost immediately. In addition to basic wall obstacles and target circles, you'll also encounter bouncey blocks, orbs that can only be cleared by one of your smiling orbs, spikes, "no-touch ouchie circles", and plenty of others. You're constantly challenged to switch your strategies mid-level, and because you have a limited number of lives as well as a limited number of moves, you can never afford to be careless.

TwinSpin looks great and couldn't be any easier to play. What really makes it shine, though, is the super intelligent level design that's filled with variety. Just about every puzzle mechanic you could imagine related to these two orbs bobbing back and forth has been implemented, and each time you encounter a new one it's a joy figuring out what to do."

http://jayisgames.com/archives/2012/03/twinspin.php
-----------------------
Nikhil Katti/iPhone Alley

"TwinSpin brings to the table a new type of puzzling, arcade gameplay to the iOS platform with its countless ways to satisfy gamers of all type.

While the blobs are always smiling gleefully theyre traversing through a checkered world that is absolutely packed to the brim with fatal objects its ironic yet actually admirable. (...) The game does a great job in keeping the experience fresh and lively.

Once you adopt the control method, the game becomes a blast, simply said which is much better with the included additions that are consistently making first appearances throughout the span of the game. With the artwork style that matches the theme flawlessly, Twin Spin is a thrill to play and surely a no-brainer at its mere $0.99 price tag."

http://www.iphonealley.com/application_reviews/twinspin-app-review-pop-balloons-using-a-pair-of-jovial-blobs
-----------------------

globulos's comments:
TouchArcade's preview of the game
http://toucharcade.com/2012/03/06/gd...ler-twin-spin/

App info:

Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Would have been good if it was universal and had Game Center!!

03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZer View Post
Would have been good if it was universal and had Game Center!!
I know! Both are planned in a future update. The iPad version is 99% ready, Game Center is in the works...
03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Looks great, would post impressions but no money

Will buy anything made by Ponos or Halfbrick or a dedicated indie dev. Favourite iOS games: Super Crate Box, Junk Jack, Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, Dungeon Raid, Rebuild, Rage HD, oh I could go on...
03-07-2012, 06:27 PM
First impressions after around 20 levels:

The game mechanic is very fun, and brilliantly executed, with a simple art style and music which suit it well. I like the way the game tells you pretty much nothing about the different obstacles and things you need to collect, leaving you to experiment, and provoking trial and error style play. Not sure how long it will take to complete, but the first fifteen or so levels were pretty easy but I can tell they will get trickier. I really wish there was a three star system on each level though but other than that a pretty solid game. 4/5 at the moment.

P.S. Please add a screen orientation option!!!!!

Will buy anything made by Ponos or Halfbrick or a dedicated indie dev. Favourite iOS games: Super Crate Box, Junk Jack, Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, Dungeon Raid, Rebuild, Rage HD, oh I could go on...
03-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsib View Post
I really wish there was a three star system on each level though but other than that a pretty solid game
That's also in the works ;-)
03-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Awesome! I shall wait!

03-08-2012, 02:27 AM
looks great, good job
03-08-2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsib View Post
Awesome! I shall wait!
Or you could finish the game now and add more stars later ;-)
03-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Hi Globulos, sorry for the late reply here.

I have tried the game for over 1 week. It's amazing! I have passed almost all levels.

Some impressions here:
1. The control is much better than the game on older j2me/sybiam platforms.
2. The gameplay is very impressive.
3. The graphics need to be improved, including the icon.
4. I'm expecting the promised Universal update and Game Center integration.

Overall, the game is a very good time killer. Causal and fun.

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!