Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-20-2012, 04:59 PM

nice one - will try the lite version
Old 04-21-2012, 09:46 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

After eyeballing this for some time I lurchased today, thanks to the developer fkr jeeping updates coming.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:26 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

We're making really good progress with the upcoming Bastogne expansion (IAP) for the game

Here's a screenshot of how it is looking so far:

We'll post again here and on the Tank Battle: 1944 page on Facebook once it's available!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:35 AM

I really like the look and implementation of this game except that the game doesn't show how combat is resolved. It will indicate attack values and the strength of the attack, but I have no idea about how combat is calculated. Is there any way this could be included in the manual or ideally in the game? I have realised that this has stopped me from playing more of the game because I feel I don't really know how each attack is being resolved. This usually wouldnt bother me in a computer game but this is packaged in most other ways like a hex wargame. I hadn't realised this was the problem I had with this game until I saw your other thread on the upcoming Civil War 1863 game and realised that this was what had stopped me playing this otherwise excellent game.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:59 PM

This game is fantastic, and absolutely deserves more attention from strategy fans! It's easily worth the $3 or whatever they were asking!

One of the few strategy titles in the app store that truely rewards strategy, not just luck.

I can't wait for Bastogne!!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:17 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Hello all.

One comment: it would nice to be able to take back a move. I've lost whole battles because a unit moved instead of shot ( a screen sensitivity thing, not a SW bug). But that's life.

And could I have a vague hint about th eapproach to take on the German mission 12. I've played through to this point in Standard mode, but I can't seem to come up with any approach that makes this one possible. tried getting the guns first, looking for choke points, attacking fast, defending fast... Just a nudge inthe right direction If I could please.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:52 PM

take out the artillery asap. i usually send 2-3 vehicles SE, another couple SW, and then a handful west through the trees. everyone else moves up to one or two hex's south of the nothern ridge, and maybe a couple in the eastern treeline on the german side of the road.

from here i usually take my SW and W forces and drive north to take out the 3rd artillery, and then retreat back to the center. meanwhile a couple of your center or SE units should be able to take out the final artillery in the E/NE.

then its just a matter of arranging your units in the center so any enemy units that appear over the ridge or through the trees can be fired upon by multiples of your units.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:09 PM

Question regarding the IAP expansion, I like to disable IAP from the settings due to less scrupulous devs, if I enable it to purchase the expansion and then disabled it again would I be able to use the expansion still?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 PM

i believe so, but ive never done that.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:08 AM

Okay, thanks Monolith.