★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: X-Plane Trainer (free)

05-14-2009, 12:34 AM
X-Plane Trainer (free)

Link

Quote:
This is X-Plane TRAINER.

Based on the X-Plane engine, this gives you a Cessna 172 trainer and all of the flying regions of the full X-Plane. As well as this single airplane and plenty of flying regions, I give you continuous help-tips, showing you how to fly from take-off, to climb-out, to turning around and bringing it back in for landing. This training really helps you fly the plane more accurately (like a REAL one!) and I find that as I fly X-Plane trainer, I really do fly it more like a REAL plane because of the tips on power, flaps, speed, and altitude that keep my flight under control, rather than getting too fast or high on approach!

There have been 10 free updates to the other X-Plane programs so far (with more planned), and future free updates to THIS app will include more flight-training scenarios... maybe steep turns and stalls?

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
05-14-2009, 12:53 AM
Hopefully the space shuttle comes out tonight also

05-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Finally a good lite version of xplane. Nice job Lamar.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Looks like our voice against the "lite" version is heard. 33MB, downloading it now...

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=315606850&mt=8

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
05-14-2009, 01:50 AM
awesome (again)
05-14-2009, 02:02 AM
Just fired up the Trainer and notice that the "engine" is now 9.10 instead of 9.09 in the last updates across the line. I suspect we should expect some general updates shortly on the other products as well.

05-14-2009, 03:19 AM
i can't believe they are going to add more to this trainer, I see their full versions doing very well after the release of this. very impressed, so much better than the lite crap they gave us before!

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-14-2009, 03:33 AM
I think we should let the developer know, iirc they attend here from time to time, and give them our applaud of their continuing support of their apps, free or otherwise, and how they hear our comments and suggestions.

I guess apart from space shuttles, we may be seeing some "space tourist vehicle" some time in the future...

05-14-2009, 03:45 AM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
I never eally liked the X-plane games, they werent really my thing.
05-14-2009, 04:03 AM
Phil, I guess "simulation" of this kind is that some may find it hard to accept it as a "game" similar in some sense that some "hard-core gamers" find most of the apps under the "Game" category in iTunes Store are not "real games". (Trust me, I read about this kind of statement, here and there). Hope readers here do not feel this offensive.

Nevermind, I agree that "games" like this, all about controlling a vehicle moving around with no objective nor feedback from the software (other than the player him/herself) does not appeal to everyone, or should it. X-Plane Racer may be the closest to a "game" most people would perceive but if one expects Racer to be a flying Fastlane! I am afraid the former is a total different thing.

I think Trainer is a nice start, which may actually introduce "flying" to many people who want to see piloting a plane is all about. I am not saying this should be an education tool. As a flight-sim lover over the course of "many" years, in which most of the titles include one or more "fire" button, I would say "It is time for something totally different".