★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iCutter & iCutter Lite [Physics puzzle]

05-14-2009, 01:32 AM
iCutter & iCutter Lite [Physics puzzle]

iCutter - $1.99 - 5.5 MB

iCutter Lite - Free - 5.5 MB

iCutter impressions:

This is an interesting physics puzzle approach. You literally have to cut the cheese in order to optionally get the strawberry and mandatorily get close to the girl (not a bad idea).

Along with cheese there are some structures and even strings to cut in order to reach the goal. They all seem cheese to me.

The game is not hard and the interface was made to make things easier.

Lite version has 10 levels and the full version has only 20. I've found this information because I've purchased the full version. The number of levels in the full version should be part of the game description for sure. I was expecting at least 40. Anyway, the gameplay is nice and future levels is planned (see description below).

Conclusion: there's no doubt this is a nice start and there's no doubt it seems more like a beta or an unfinished game than anything. Good graphics, animations, music, subtle sounds, physics and even stability are blurred by (CONS):

- Only 20 levels
- Score count is not clear (I have a feeling that developer is still working on it tho he has released the game)
- After finishing the game all levels are locked again (what?)

The Lite version gets a 4/5 but what should be the full version gets just 2/5 not because the game is not good but due the fact that it is not finished yet. Keep the Lite and wait for an update.

Quote:
iCutter is physics puzzle game.

How to play:
 You should use your finger to split objects and joints. The objects you cut will free fall slide down under the influence of gravity.
 You have fixed number of cuts at each level.
 Through finger cutting, help black chocolate biscuit(the boy)to find his girl. If the boy eats strawberry, you can get additional reward points.
 There are three types of objects in the game:
1. Chocolate. Dynamic and can not be split.
2. Cheese. Static and can not be split.
3. Joints. Connect objects and can be split.
Features:
 Good planning is needed.
 Beautiful hand drawn sceneries
 Easy pleasure background music and sound effects
 If you stocked on some level, you can always skip it and try another.
 Detailed instructions and game tips

Future additions:
 More levels
 More sound and animation effect
 Online high-score rankings

PS: @ Hodapp: it's a physics based game!

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 05-14-2009 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Full version has only 20 levels. Updated impressions.
05-14-2009, 01:51 AM
I love cutting the cheese, and I strangely like this game a lot. I may purchase the full for entertainment at work tomorrow. Thanks carlos!

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

05-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Oh man 2 dollars for only 10 more levels. I think I may pass until I see an update.

Boiler Up!
05-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Review: iCutter Lite...it sure cuts one

I remember Wesley Snipes from his movie Passenger 57, and he had this one line that I thought of while playing the lite version of iCutter..."Always bet on black." Basically, that's your goal here as you try to help Chocolate Biscuit Boy reach his Sunshine Biscuit Girl while also eating the strawberry. I'm sure there's a metaphor here, but I'm too wiped out to verbalize it.

The lite version has 10 levels with the full adding another for a total of 20. Using Fantastic Contraption tactics, well, maybe not as elaborate, you cut parts of cheese and joints to get Chocolate Biscuit Boy to his Sunshine Biscuit Girl. Cutting is done by touch and brings up a knife which you drag to cut. Each level presents a different layout and you're limited to a certain number of cuts. By cutting a certain angles, you let physics take over and hopefully cutting the cheese sends your boy off to biscuit bliss. Some of the puzzles are based on timing and cutting twine at the right moment or dropping cheeseballs on the just right spot. The one hitch is that chocolate can't be cut so you're left to your cheese devices.

The game is surprisingly fun for a little while, and I can honestly say that I've never seen biscuits and cheese of any color used in this way. If you need to something to catch that special girl's eye, this isn't it. But, if you want a good laugh, try out the lite version. I'm sure Ritz Crackers is kicking themselves for not having come up with this idea first.

Albie Meter: This one is off the charts...it's up to you to figure out which way, and no comment on the icon.

Last edited by Big Albie; 05-14-2009 at 02:16 AM.
05-14-2009, 02:13 AM
This game looks familiar... I think it is very much like a game I played online. The game is called Splitter and I found it on Kongregate. It seems to very very similar though I have only looked at screens of iCutter.
05-14-2009, 02:49 AM
I have updated my impressions about the full version. In resume: enjoy the lite and wait for an update.

Ratings:

Lite: 4/5

Full: 2/5

05-14-2009, 03:17 AM
hey carlos did you contact the dev? it would be nice to have them shed some light on the game here on the boards. if not i'll send something their way tomorrow.

Boiler Up!
05-14-2009, 04:55 AM
A nice looking puzzer. I'm starting with the Lite I think the Full version will get updates, so there will be more of a difference between Lite and Full.
05-14-2009, 09:20 AM
I have played the Lite version now and I must say it's a charming and original puzzler with a lot of potential. I'm tempted to go for the full version now
05-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
hey carlos did you contact the dev? it would be nice to have them shed some light on the game here on the boards. if not i'll send something their way tomorrow.
No I didn't. But I agree it'll be nice to hear from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
I have played the Lite version now and I must say it's a charming and original puzzler with a lot of potential. I'm tempted to go for the full version now
Temptation... The lite version of iCutter has this effect over some of us.

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 05-14-2009 at 10:06 AM.