★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Violet Storm - Neon-Glow Space Shooter, Universal

03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
#1
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 151
Violet Storm - Neon-Glow Space Shooter, Universal



Hi guys,

Last time when we were releasing Train Titans we hinted at something kinda-cool (or so we thought) that we had coming up. We've been working hard at it ever since, and today, we can show you the result of all that work. It's called Violet Storm, and it's a crazy, over-the-top, no-holds-barred neon-glow space shooter.

The goal was fairly simple - to make a quick game anyone can pick up, blow up hundreds of enemies, relax, take their mind off things. At least, that's what it accomplishes for us.

There are no levels or puzzles here - just an infinite number of different and increasingly powerful waves of enemies coming at you, and a corresponding set of increasing powerful weapons to ward them off. And when you shatter approaching enemies to pieces, they make an incredibly satisfying glass breaking sound.

More info and screenshots here: Website

BETA TESTERS NEEDED!
While we think Violet Storm is a great little shooter (naturally), we also think it can be an incredible one - but only with your help. This is why we're looking for beta testers starting right now. Once you sign up, please send us *any* comments and suggestions you have. Not just bugs, though of course those are welcome, too, but anything you would change in the game - and the crazier, the better.

If you want to participate, just send an email to support at sadcatsoft.com or use the contact form on our website.

Cheers!

- Oleg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad_screen1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	590.6 KB
ID:	42045   Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad_screen2.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	555.5 KB
ID:	42046   Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad_screen3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	551.7 KB
ID:	42047  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad_screen4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	551.3 KB
ID:	42048   Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad_screen5.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	610.4 KB
ID:	42049  
03-08-2012, 08:35 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 151
Forgot to mention a couple of things that may be useful:

1) If you're contacting us about participating a beta, can you please also include your UDID for the device you're going to be running the beta on? It just saves on emails back-and-forth. Thank you.

2) Since not everyone is going to be watching the video, the currently planned release date is March 29th, if App Store gods cooperate.

03-08-2012, 08:40 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 2,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSGames View Post
Forgot to mention a couple of things that may be useful:

1) If you're contacting us about participating a beta, can you please also include your UDID for the device you're going to be running the beta on? It just saves on emails back-and-forth. Thank you.

2) Since not everyone is going to be watching the video, the currently planned release date is March 29th, if App Store gods cooperate.
Are you guys going to be using testflight? It seems to make the process easier.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
03-08-2012, 08:57 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 74
this game looks like it will be fun! I've never beta tested a game before, kinda curious though
03-09-2012, 09:57 AM
#5
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: London
Posts: 80
This looks great.

You should post a recruit link from Test Flight.

I will certainly give it a whirl
03-09-2012, 03:31 PM
#6
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedollarhunter View Post
You should post a recruit link from Test Flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Are you guys going to be using testflight? It seems to make the process easier.
Thanks for the tip, guys. I've heard of TestFlight before, but have never actually tried it - and having just done so, it does seem like a *very* convenient way to do things.

Here's the link to beta-test through them: http://bit.ly/zGQ7Pm
We don't have a build there right now, but we'll upload one shortly.
03-09-2012, 04:11 PM
#7
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 151
...And here's a link directly to the first beta build on TestFlight: http://bit.ly/AzTZhf
03-09-2012, 06:02 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSGames View Post
The goal was fairly simple - to make a quick game anyone can pick up, blow up hundreds of enemies, relax, take their mind off things. At least, that's what it accomplishes for us.

There are no levels or puzzles here - just an infinite number of different and increasingly powerful waves of enemies coming at you, and a corresponding set of increasing powerful weapons to ward them off. And when you shatter approaching enemies to pieces, they make an incredibly satisfying glass breaking sound.
Take these claims as granted. This game is fast paced and intense twin stick shooter. Very fun to play in short bursts but the lack of modes should be addressed to give the game more replay value (other than highscore).

Another plus side is the over-the-top weapons . Missiles and lasers are extremely cool to watch and use.

One aspect of the game I don't understand is the icon - the featured ship does not appear in the game. I wish it did because the icon-ic ship looks cool .
03-09-2012, 06:56 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 159
Send a message via MSN to DaGreen1 Send a message via Skype™ to DaGreen1
I sent you a message with my UDID on your contact form. I used my ipod email, shotage*****@****.*** to sign up. I did have a problem trying to download the TestFlight Build. It was not set up for my Ipod Touch 4th Gen running iOS 5, according to the site. Or maybe you haven't uploaded the build yet. Shame, I wanted to try it over dinner tonight. It looks like Geometry Wars but better since we have all those fun power ups.

I'll keep looking on my email or on TestFlight.
03-09-2012, 07:30 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 6
Are you guys going to be using testflight?