★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Slice 'n Dice Ninja - (by Van Dyk Entertainment)

03-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Slice 'n Dice Ninja - (by Van Dyk Entertainment)

03-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
I created a thread for this because, as far as I know, there isn't another game out there quite like this one.

Here's a gameplay vid:

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Updated the FULL TRAILER for Slice 'n Dice Ninja!

Slice 'n Dice Ninja - An exciting castle-defense game employing ragdoll physics, superb retina-display graphics, and engaging gameplay.
View a trailer for Slice 'n Dice Ninja here
Firewall Defender - An exciting and FREE game that will test your reflexes!

Last edited by GarrettVD; 03-13-2012 at 02:44 PM.
03-12-2012, 06:58 PM
We have released Slice 'n Dice Ninja v1.1, featuring retina-display enabled graphics! Pick it up today!

Slice 'n Dice Ninja - An exciting castle-defense game employing ragdoll physics, superb retina-display graphics, and engaging gameplay.
03-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettVD View Post
We have released Slice 'n Dice Ninja v1.1, featuring retina-display enabled graphics!!
Hmm, you seem to have broke something with the latest update, at least on iPod Touch 4th gen devices, running iOS 5.1. The game won't get past the level selection area without crashing now.
03-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Hmm, you seem to have broke something with the latest update, at least on iPod Touch 4th gen devices, running iOS 5.1. The game won't get past the level selection area without crashing now.
Retina visuals demand high resources so the ipod touch 4g might fall into this trap (again.).

Try clearing the cached apps and restarting the device if that works.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Try clearing the cached apps and restarting the device if that works.
Yep, been there, done that, still broke, thanks.
03-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Didnt this have a thread already? Im sure there was one coz I was one of those who first reviewed it.

Updating now to see what has been updated.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 03-13-2012 at 11:17 AM.
03-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Looks like the game is much more playable than the previous version BUT...

...The game crashed on my iphone 4s TWICE.

Retina graphics makes this look really crisp, but you gotta let go a bit of resource eating for this.

03-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Looks like the game is much more playable than the previous version BUT...

...The game crashed on my iphone 4s TWICE.

Retina graphics makes this look really crisp, but you gotta let go a bit of resource eating for this.
Strange; I will look into that. I can't seem to replicate! Looking into it.