★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Audio Invaders - Now Free Until Monday!!

03-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Audio Invaders - Now Free Until Monday!!

AUDIO INVADERS IS FREE UNTIL MONDAY (the 12th March 2012)

I've just updated Audio Invaders, fixing a couple of bugs with the Flame Thrower and GameCentre integration.

To help build some buzz around the game it is now free until Monday!

Grab it now and play this unique retro audio game!!!

(Just updated it to free, so it may take a little while to update at App stores around the world).

LINK TO APP STORE:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/audio-invaders/id478676726?mt=8

TOUCH ARCADE MAIN FORUM LINK:

Here's a link to the main TA thread for all game discussion:

PROMO VIDEO:

Stormy Studio - A small indie team of talented individuals...founded by me... (Jon Draper)

Check out and spread the word on our 'Dark Asylum' kickstarter page running this December ....and please like 'our page' on facebook to follow its progress.

Latest release 'Audio Invaders' - Headphones required for your survival!!

Last edited by Red1; 03-09-2012 at 06:05 AM.
03-09-2012, 06:55 AM
free again? damn this needs more downloads.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3

03-09-2012, 07:09 AM
First time its been free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
free again? damn this needs more downloads.

Its the first time its been free... last time it dropped in price... but was'nt free.

Sorry again that you got it at the original price...it will go back there soon... but I'd really like to get the game talked about as I think (hope) its a game good enough to be worthy of some minor success... I had 0 sales the other day and that kinda hurts after 5 months effort...

Not wanting to sound like a sob story...and I'm looking forward to other marketing ideas... especially a big promo video I want to make that involves blowing stuff up in my own garden...with some 3D CGI audio invaders.

Stormy Studio - A small indie team of talented individuals...founded by me... (Jon Draper)

Check out and spread the word on our 'Dark Asylum' kickstarter page running this December ....and please like 'our page' on facebook to follow its progress.

03-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draper3000 View Post
Its the first time its been free... last time it dropped in price... but was'nt free.

Sorry again that you got it at the original price...it will go back there soon... but I'd really like to get the game talked about as I think (hope) its a game good enough to be worthy of some minor success... I had 0 sales the other day and that kinda hurts after 5 months effort...

Not wanting to sound like a sob story...and I'm looking forward to other marketing ideas... especially a big promo video I want to make that involves blowing stuff up in my own garden...with some 3D CGI audio invaders.
oh yeah forgot that one! And no, I didn't get for original price, I got for promo and that's why I feel so bad this got down in price...

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
03-09-2012, 07:30 AM
no worries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
oh yeah forgot that one! And no, I didn't get for original price, I got for promo and that's why I feel so bad this got down in price...
Don't feel bad... its just the way of the app store... so many decent games out there now... it really does take an amazing game, and the correct alignment of the universe for it all to go your way....

Fingers crossed todays that day...

03-09-2012, 10:11 AM
I'll download and rate. Thank you for the game.

My Retro Gaming TV Show/Podcast: www.famicomdojo.tv

Now playing/loving: Magic 2013, Ghost Trick, iAssociate 2, KanjiBox, Warfare Inc., Newtonica, Wispin, Game Dev Story, Infinity Blade
03-09-2012, 11:50 AM
This is an awesome game. With Game Center integration, there should be more reason to play it.

It's a very accurate application of left and right audio feedback, meshed together with a space invader-style shooting.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Cheers

Exact pscience glad you like the game.

Hopefully the game will get a good few downloads over the weekend!

03-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Send a message via MSN to DaGreen1 Send a message via Skype™ to DaGreen1
Quote:
Originally Posted by draper3000 View Post

It's not a bad game, and the idea is novel, but It's pretty difficult man. It's a solid idea when so many of the games are lacking in originality, but it's too difficult.
03-10-2012, 03:33 AM
Too hard. .

Thanks for the feedback.

That's the first time it's been said but I have always wondered if it was too hard.

Tricky one to balance up, as at the moment at most only two invaders will attack at the same time and they start of slower but the more stages you pass (phases) the faster they get. When your health is below 25% a collectible if found will be extra health.

I could make it so the invaders attack a bit slower at the start or damage you less when they hit earth. Though I don't want it to be too boring and slow.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Ideas?

Cheers again, really appreciate all feedback especially which could make the game better.