★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Dracoders
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 17.3 MB
  • Version: 1.7
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: "This game reminds me a lot of Tetris with a twist"
-Sodaguy

--------------------------
A long time ago, in a place far, far away, an enchanting world existed that was full of beautiful, shiny, large and colorful gems that filled this land. The gems were very important and the lifeblood of the residents of this place, which happened to be the Sugar Fairies. The sweet, yet powerful Sugar Fairies fiercely guarded the gems, as their very existence was inside the gems.

However, one day a curious young fairy was experimenting with a magical spell on a dragon and a rock when she became distracted, and something went terribly wrong. The dragon and rock spell formed new creatures called Krocos. The Krocos would soon become the enemies of the sweet Sugar Fairies, because they too desired to have all the gems. With one taste of the delicious coveted gems, the Krocos have wanted to eat all the gems, and have relentlessly sought their beloved morsels. Ever since then, the Sugar Fairies have been guarding and keeping the gems from the Krocos.

Help the starving Krocos remove all the blocks and reach their scrumptious, large, shiny and colorful gem morsels!

*Drag-N-Gems is a fast-paced puzzle game that is simple to play, but will keep you playing for hours.

*Move the stacked blocks with a touch or turn them with two touches.

*Create complete horizontal lines to destroy the blocks, allowing the gems to reach the bottom so the Krocos can eat them

*You better hurry though, because if time runs out the will steal the Sugar Fairies will steal the gems from grasp of the hungry Krocos!

*Create consecutive combinations and earn powerful bonuses that will help you destroy the blocks faster!

*Complete the Story mode, which is 40 levels long to unlock the doors of the Sugar Fairies mythical castle of gems, so the Krocos can feast until their bellies are full!

Features:

* 14 different types of blocks

* 40 levels of game play (Story Mode)

* 4 power-up bonuses to help destroy blocks faster

* 5 difficulty levels, see how fast you can complete each level to the the Krocos champion (Classic Mode)

*Challenge friends for the high score in both game modes through Game Center

Dracoders's comments:
Hey guys,
here's our new game, Kroco Gems HD!

It's a puzzle game with blocks but it's not Tetris as It seems

PM me for promo codes
Thanks for checking it out!
Federico

YouTube: video
03-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Great video

Youtube link | Pop Up

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!

03-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks ....

i hope somebody give us some good 8or bad) feedback to improve the game now that Apple have raised the limits to 50mb we can do a lot of more features on this game
03-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Looks cool. I love puzzle games. I'll wait for some feedback before I jump in.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
03-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the code! I played through the first 10 (of 40) levels on my lunch and thought I'd come back and leave some feedback for the devs. Overall the game borrows heavily from Tetris. You eliminate completed lines to score bonuses and points. Ultimately, though, the goal is to eliminate enough lines to move a gem perched on top of the blocks down to the bottom of the screen.

First of all, lets talk pros. I really love the concept for the game. It's a cross between a line eliminating game (like Tetris) and a match 3 where you have to get a special item, in this case a large gem, from the top of the screen to the bottom by eliminating the lines underneath. I know that there are match 3 games out there that use this mechanic, but the names are escaping me at the moment. I'm sure the next 10 responses will list off the games that I'm forgetting. The cute cartoony graphics are simple, but nice. I played on mute, so I can't comment on sound. It does look like there's an option to turn off music and sound effects separately. I'd like to see a bit more pizzazz when it comes to the graphics. Think Babo Crash. When you do stuff in that game, you know it. Things explode and fly all over the screen. It really adds to the game to have the over-the-top effects. Although effective in this game, I'd really like to see them step it up in that regard.

There are a few cons that keep me from completely recommending this game. The double-tap-to-spin control scheme seems flawed to me. In Tetris, which is played with a control pad and buttons, you spin and maneuver your piece fairly freely. Not so here. The pieces are piled up to start the game, and you have to slowly unpile them. You slide left and right to move the pieces horizontally (unless blocked by other pieces, of course) and you double-tap to spin pieces to fit. Spinning seems very random and uncontrollable to me. Say I have one of those s-shaped pieces that I want to spin clockwise to fit in a hole. When I double-tap the block it seems to randomly try to spin one direction or the other. I can't figure out how to actually direct the piece to flip the direction I want. And, like in Tetris, you know what kind of bad things can happen when you spin the piece the wrong direction. It can really ruin a good setup. The same can be said here. Sometimes, the piece spins in the opposite direction than what I want and it totally blocks my next move. It's very frustrating to ruin a good run because you can't control the direction of the spin. Sometimes, you can double-tap the piece multiple times and it will try to spin back and forth until it magically fits where you want. And, other times, it tries to spin, but doesn't move where you want. It seems to me that the player needs to have more control over the spinning mechanic. Maybe a tap and hold, combined with a circular motion in the desired direction would be appropriate. I tried multiple different techniques to see if maybe I was just doing it wrong. I tried sliding and tapping at the same time. I also tried tapping on one side or the other of the piece. Nothing seemed to correlate to the direction of the spin of the piece that I wanted.

To add a little variety to the game mechanic, there are levels that you have to complete without being able to spin the pieces. Due to my frustration with spinning the blocks, these levels were actually my favoriate because I could use my puzzle solving ability to complete the level, rather than trying to get lucky and spin the piece into the spot I want. There are also bonuses which add time or eliminate multiple rows at once. These appear as you complete various combinations of lines. These bonuses are turned off for some levels for variety. One minor irritating factor with the bonuses is that the blocks seem to appear in the line you just eliminated. So, say I just eliminated 3 lines in one move, a bonus block would appear right in the middle of the line I eliminated, which totally blocks the entire game board from falling down and stops the ability to chain together multiple eliminations. It's frustrating and in many cases the bonuses seemed like more of a hinderance becuase it blocks a line from falling down. I'd much rather see the bonus blocks appear above the pile, or maybe in place of a piece of the line above, rather than completely blocking the entire board. For this reason, I liked levels without bonuses more because, again, I could use my Tetris skills to eliminate lines and not have to worry about bonuses from blocking the flow of the game. This seems like something that could easily be adjusted.

Overall, I'd say that you should definitely check out the game if you're a Tetris fan, and who isn't? But, be prepared to have to learn to deal with the frustration of spinning blocks in a manner that seems almost random, rather than controlled. I was pretty frustrated after playing 10 levels straight. I'd love to see some adjustments to the controls. Maybe adding accelerometer like tilting controls would help with the left-right horizontal movement (like Charmed), leaving the tap and slide controls free for spinning the blocks. This would be a 5/5 game with perfect controls. As is, I'd give it a 3/5 with some huge potential.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
03-09-2012, 02:35 PM
I like the game a lot. The graphics and sounds are nice, although the soundtrack may get annoying after a while. I like the gameplay too, but I have to agree with CzarCastic concerning spinning the blocks - it seems a bit painful.

Also, why does everything freeze for a few moments when a bonus item is triggered? That was a minor frustration to me.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
03-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks guys, your suggestions are precious for us.

The control of the rotation was one of the main problem and we tried many control systems,
but all beta testers didn't report the problem with this system after 2-3 days of playing because it's hard only in the beginning.
However you're right that we can try new solutions for the rotation controls, because an iOS game should be easy-to-learn and to control immediately.

For the freeze during the bonus it's a good idea to remove them, maybe in the next upgrade we will do a different mode, where it's all concentrated on the puzzle game and not on "special effects"

For the music you founded annoying the in-game or the main mene theme?

Thanks again!!!

Last edited by Dracoders; 03-09-2012 at 03:30 PM.
03-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Concerning the music, I find the main theme to be cute but it could get annoying after a while. However, as it does not play during the gameplay please disregard my earlier comment. The gameplay music that you use should be fine for extended listening.

Also, thanks for the point about the purpose of the freeze. I will try that out and comment further after I play more.

03-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Hey guys just to be more clear because maybe the how to play should be improved for me. Before be frustrating make sure you have understood perfectly the rotation scheme:

a) tap the block you want to move or rotate once with one tap
b( tap a second time to any part of the screen (except that select another block) to start the rotation , if you tap on the left side of the block you choose then it will route anti-clockwise if you tap on the right part of the block then the block will rotate clockwise.

Please try this out thanks

PS. I know is tricky but any suggestion to improve it we will surely appreciate it
03-10-2012, 07:43 PM
RobyOneKenoby: thanks for the tip on rotating blocks. It helped me a little bit, but it still usually takes me multiple tries to get the rotation right. However, I am enjoying the game so much that I keep playing it despite the rotation frustration. This game is really fun!