★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

DoDonPachi Resurrection HD for iphone 4 and up Out March 15th

03-09-2012, 06:50 AM
#1
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 384
DoDonPachi Resurrection HD for iphone 4 and up Out March 15th

Story from pocket gamer
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multi...ws.asp?c=38687

So out march 15th and price is launch special of 7.49 / $10.99 for 3 days only.

Wonder if this will be universal? suggested for iphone 4, 4s and ipad 2 so it could well be. Doesn't mention ipod touch 4 either, probably due to ram issues.

I am excited

GC/GLLive:lumothesinner
Recommends: Darkness Rush|Terra Noctis|IB2|Epoch|MC3|Shadowgun|Phoenix HD|Sonic Racing|FT Soccer|Bug Heroes|Spider-man
03-09-2012, 08:55 AM
#2
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,737
I wonder if they'll make Espgaluda II HD available on iPhone 4 as well? I'd be very happy to purchase HD versions of Cave's shooters.

03-09-2012, 02:33 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumothesinner View Post
Story from pocket gamer
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multi...ws.asp?c=38687

So out march 15th and price is launch special of 7.49 / $10.99 for 3 days only.

Wonder if this will be universal? suggested for iphone 4, 4s and ipad 2 so it could well be. Doesn't mention ipod touch 4 either, probably due to ram issues.

I am excited
Does "HD" mean it will have retina graphics, or does it mean it will be universal? I already have DoDonPachi Resurrection "non HD" and I don't own an iPad. If it means I'll get retina graphics I'd happily buy it again, but I don't want to throw the money buying the same thing again... Thanks
03-12-2012, 06:14 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
I wonder if they'll make Espgaluda II HD available on iPhone 4 as well? I'd be very happy to purchase HD versions of Cave's shooters.
I think so, if you run the Japanese PR announcement through a translator it sounds like that'll be getting a universal update (also iPhone 4/4S and iPad 2 only):
http://www.cave.co.jp/news/20120309daihukkatsu/
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Does "HD" mean it will have retina graphics, or does it mean it will be universal? I already have DoDonPachi Resurrection "non HD" and I don't own an iPad. If it means I'll get retina graphics I'd happily buy it again, but I don't want to throw the money buying the same thing again... Thanks
Yeah high res + universal, well high res for the most part. The backgrounds are just pixel doubled but everything else is high res, same way they've done it on the Xbox 360 and Espgaluda II HD. Not a huge deal since you don't really notice since it tends to be continuously panning and the screen tends to be covered with bullets. Joystiq put some screens up of it on the iPhone:
http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/f...tion-hd-ios#/0
(click on "view full size" down in the lower right corner)
03-12-2012, 07:08 AM
#5
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by japtor View Post
I think so, if you run the Japanese PR announcement through a translator it sounds like that'll be getting a universal update (also iPhone 4/4S and iPad 2 only):
http://www.cave.co.jp/news/20120309daihukkatsu/
Hey japtor, thanks so much for the link. I was unaware of the announcement, but I'm looking forward to playing some Cave shmups in high-res. It'd be sick if they announced Deathsmiles in HD also (probably wishful thinking, but we can all dream).
03-12-2012, 07:36 AM
#6
Well DS has high res assets from the 360 release, I'd assume anything that already got a high res release in some form is a possible candidate. Otherwise Bug Princess/Mushi 1 is getting a HD release on 360 soon so I guess that's another possible one down the line, I think that'd be it for the existing iOS ports, I'm not sure if the 360 version of DDPDOJ/Blissful Death got the high res treatment or not.
03-12-2012, 09:43 AM
#7
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,481
If it's iPad native, I'll buy it. Otherwise I'll wait for them to release an iPad version.
03-12-2012, 12:39 PM
#8
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 200
I'm definitely a fan of twitchy japanese space shooters. But still, considering the wealth of games available of this type for the platform, this seems awful pricey, even at $10.99.
03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
Bit annoyed as i bought DDonPachi Resurrection before, if i had known an HD version would have come out i would have waited. As much as i love the game i'm not paying out even more for a new enhanced version.

I've got all the Cave shooters but if 'Deathsmiles HD' comes out next week i wont be forking out more money for that as i've already got it. Wish i had waited now
03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
#10
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Bit annoyed as i bought DDonPachi Resurrection before, if i had known an HD version would have come out i would have waited. As much as i love the game i'm not paying out even more for a new enhanced version.

I've got all the Cave shooters but if 'Deathsmiles HD' comes out next week i wont be forking out more money for that as i've already got it. Wish i had waited now
It came out over a year ago, didn't it?