Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Jailbreaking and Installer Apps

Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 PM

Thank you for the info Vidikron.

I double checked to make sure and my cps1 games may not all be for 0.145 use so I'm updating them and will test those games again. EDIT; ok now Captain Commando runs, means my cps1 dumps were out of date, I'll test all those games but probably it comes down to the Jojo's, SFIII 2nd and Hyper sfii not running.

Meanwhile Jojo's, and in both cases are definitely 0.145 dumps (I checked) and they run in Mame so this shouldn't be a dump problem, I'm using an ipad 2 (4.3.3) not sure whether that's relevant or not.

By the way when you use clones, have you ever tried merging the zip from the original into the clone or does that tend to induce problems? For example I prefer the Japanese ver. of Final Fight since it's uncut, can I merge it with the world version and delete the world?

Also I noticed the originals for most cps2 games are the Euro ver, are there are differences with these games and the US (such as 50/60hz?) I know in Europe they run on 50hz so I've always wondered about whether these were too.

Last edited by Mr.Z; 03-14-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Old 03-14-2012, 11:10 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Z View Post
After testing some 70+ CPS games (all original not clones) here's what I came up with that wasn't working:

Captain Commando 911202 world - Crashes
Warriors of fate 921031 etc (world) - Blank screen no audio no video
The king of dragons 910805 etc (world) - No video (blank screen with sound)
Forgotten Worlds (world) - No video (blank screen with sound)
Street fighter ii' champion edition 920513 etc (world) - Blank screen no audio no video
Megaman the power battle 961006 USA - Crashes
Hyper street fighter ii anniversary edition 040202 USA - Blank screen no audio no video
Jojo's bizarre adventure 990927 Japan - Blank screen no audio no video
Jojo's venture 990128 USA - Blank screen no audio no video

I especially hope Captain Commando and King of Dragons gets fixed.

Not bad considering everything else runs wonderfully well.
I didn't list Street Fighter III 2nd since it listed above as not running on this ver.
- Virtual Pad only displays one button (I think it uses more for rotation?) Havent tested iCade or Wiimote
- wiimote+classic controller - only has one button function (fire only, no rotation)
- iCade - only has one button function (fire only, no rotation)
- Edited the ini file to use Fire 3 for "turn" function but it is slow and doesnt work too well. Im sure there is an easy fix for this.

Mega Man - The Power Battle (megaman) = 68k on, High FPS
Street Fighter II' - The Champion Edition (sf2ce) = 68k on, High FPS
The King of Dragons (kod) = 68k on, High FPS
Warrors of Fate (wof) = 68k on, High FPS

Everything on your list worked fine for me and I also only transfered the rom listed for each game (I didnt add the clones, etc). Check your romsets, If you have exited and entered games multiple times, often a good idea to exit emulator and clear it from your quick launch bar (double tap Home screen to see what all is there - I honestly don't know if this really does anything but I do it everytime I get a crash out of the emulator).

Last edited by neocvera; 03-15-2012 at 12:25 AM..
Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Can anyone else confirm that Roundhouse Kick (typically BUtton 6 for most CPS 2-3 Games) is not firing with iCades? I have iFBA 3 (which I think is the latest.)

I have tried on both an iCade and an iControlpad in iCade mode and i get the same problem. I can assign the button, but in game, it won't actually "fire". This has happened on two different devices so I know it isn't just my icade being defective or something.

Is there some kind of control ini that I can blow out and restart with? Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Z View Post
Meanwhile Jojo's, and in both cases are definitely 0.145 dumps (I checked) and they run in Mame so this shouldn't be a dump problem, I'm using an ipad 2 (4.3.3) not sure whether that's relevant or not.
I'm on an iPad 2 also, but with 5.0.1. Anyway, MAME 145 and the latest FBA use the same Jojo files, but some of the ROM names inside the zip are different. And now that I say that maybe that is actually problem people are having? Maybe when iFBA says the ROM is OK that is because all the file pass the CRC check, but when it attempts to load it fails because the file names are different?

Anyway, as I've said before, I highly recommend people use the FBA DAT rather than the MAME DAT to check their ROMS. In most cases they are the same, but there are a few differences.

Quote:
By the way when you use clones, have you ever tried merging the zip from the original into the clone or does that tend to induce problems? For example I prefer the Japanese ver. of Final Fight since it's uncut, can I merge it with the world version and delete the world?

Also I noticed the originals for most cps2 games are the Euro ver, are there are differences with these games and the US (such as 50/60hz?) I know in Europe they run on 50hz so I've always wondered about whether these were too.
I've always used split ROMS rather than merged, but it seems like it should work. I think I'll try here in a minute. Not sure about all the differences between US and Euro versions. I'd image the are mostly the same. But there are sometimes differences. With NeoGeo ROMS, for example, games like Metal Slug will show red blood if the region is set to Japan, but white blood for the USA. There might be minor differences like that with CPS2 games, but I don't know of any specific examples.

[edit] I just tried merging all the Hyper SFII games and iFBA didn't recognize the clones, just the parent.

Last edited by Vidikron; 03-14-2012 at 11:28 PM..
Old 03-14-2012, 11:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by neocvera View Post
Everything on your list worked fine for me and I also only transfered the rom listed for each game (I didnt add the clones, etc). Check your romsets, If you have exited and entered games multiple times, often a good idea to exit emulator and clear it from your quick launch bar (double tap Home screen to see what all is there - I honestly don't know if this really does anything but I do it everytime I get a crash out of the emulator).
So the bad dumps actually will run? Do they have errors anywhere? I've always just run the clones of these games because I didn't trust the others to run correctly.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutwurst View Post
Can anyone else confirm that Roundhouse Kick (typically BUtton 6 for most CPS 2-3 Games) is not firing with iCades? I have iFBA 3 (which I think is the latest.)

I have tried on both an iCade and an iControlpad in iCade mode and i get the same problem. I can assign the button, but in game, it won't actually "fire". This has happened on two different devices so I know it isn't just my icade being defective or something.

Is there some kind of control ini that I can blow out and restart with? Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!
Sorry buddy, Just started testing out controllers. I can confirm that this is an issue. Seems to be a problem with Fire 6 mapping (Both iCade and wiimote/Classic Controller). I tried different buttons mapped for Fire 6 and whichever is assigned to Fire 6, will not function. I'm sure this is an easy fix as it was not an issue with previous build(s).

Wiimote mapping:
Start and Select/Coin functions are mix/matched. Whatever you choose as the START button, will function in-game as Select/Coin, and whatever button you map as your select/coin, will be your Start button in-game.

Last edited by neocvera; 03-14-2012 at 11:40 PM..
Old 03-14-2012, 11:42 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

[QUOTE=neocvera;2181327]Sorry buddy, Just started testing out controllers. I can confirm that this is an issue. Seems to be a problem with Fire 6 mapping (Both iCade and wiimote/Classic Controller). I tried different buttons mapped for Fire 6 and whichever is assigned to Fire 6, will not function. I'm sure this is an easy fix as it was not an issue with previous build(s).

That is actually a relief since I know it isn't just me. Thanks for letting me know!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:56 PM

Alright my bad, turns out my cps 1 and cps2 may not have been the latest dumps so I re downloaded all of them and reuploaded and tested and wow I'm blown away, every single one runs and runs flawlessly.

Only CPS3 games have issues (SFIII 2nd and the two Jojo's).
Now that we have an idea of how to fix the Jojo's I'll have to try the name checking later.

I think aside from the CRT overlay which has a problem on the left side one other minor thing that could improve the presentation imo would be to remove the alphabetical groups and spacing separating each letter's listings, I think a seamless list of all roms in alphabetical order without separation would be neater and cleaner. Just my 2 cents anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidikron View Post
[edit] I just tried merging all the Hyper SFII games and iFBA didn't recognize the clones, just the parent.
Actually I was thinking of merging the parent files into a clone and delete the parent and only upload the clone. I'll have to try this tomorrow (about to go to sleep now). Tomorrow I'll also try all the Neogeo roms and wiimote / arcade sticks.

Last edited by Mr.Z; 03-15-2012 at 12:03 AM..
Old 03-15-2012, 01:34 AM
Banned

old version works best for me.

0.3 update not work king of fighters 94-95 double dragon samurai shodow 2 all graphics issues.

in old one all working perfect.

any support for capcom vs snk millenium battle and super street fighters 2 turbo.dragon ball z super battle.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:00 AM

I just wanted to thank you all for this excellent emulator, it has a great compatibility, and is much better than the commercial neo geo emulator as it can run heavy games like Metal slug 3/5 and Garou mark of the wolves.
The only thing that does not convice me is the weird colocation of the ABCD buttons.
The only way that this emulator could be inproved it's including a remap feature for the touchscreen button.
Also i would like to ask how to activate the console mode for the neogeo games (if possible), i tried messing with the dipswitch option, but i can't find the right settings.
I really, REALLY apreciate the effort. Keep the good work!