★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iFBA - Final Burn Alpha for iOS - available

03-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I tested the emu with a 3gs! Cps1 and Cps2 games run well(about 55-60 fps)!
Cps3 games are unplayable(10fps). Neogeo are playable(40-45 fps)! The sega games like golden axe and altered beast around 20fps and double dragon 1 fps!
For a older device like 3gs is a good result! Mame reloaded is unplayable with every games!
03-20-2012, 10:55 AM
any update?'

03-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Great job on the emulator, I can play third strike flawlessly. I have a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad 2, I wanted to know if it would be possible to use it for the games, namely 3s? In the Wiimote section my keyboard is showing up under the Appareils section, but its not letting me select it. What can i do?

Last edited by clericg; 03-20-2012 at 12:46 PM.
03-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Still having issues with R - Type, used a mame 0.145 rom, fps is as low as ever (7fps). It's a great emulator otherwise
03-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clericg View Post
Great job on the emulator, I can play third strike flawlessly. I have a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad 2, I wanted to know if it would be possible to use it for the games, namely 3s? In the Wiimote section my keyboard is showing up under the Appareils section, but its not letting me select it. What can i do?
it's definitely possible to support such device, the only issue is if I don't own one, it will be more difficult to implement & test... Maybe in a later version.
03-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboy74 View Post
Still having issues with R - Type, used a mame 0.145 rom, fps is as low as ever (7fps). It's a great emulator otherwise
current irem drivers are really not well optimized. They really on nec v20/30/33 processors which are emulated by a rather slow C emulation core.
There is room for optimization but it will require a lot of work, so don't expect something in v0.4 but maybe later.
03-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks, look forward to the updates. One more question, would it ever be possible for there to be online capabilities with the emulator, along the lines of ggpo? Thanks
03-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyofr View Post
it's definitely possible to support such device, the only issue is if I don't own one, it will be more difficult to implement & test... Maybe in a later version.
Isn't the icade already mapped to keyboard functions? So it might be possible to use the keyboard as an icade no?

Last edited by neocvera; 03-20-2012 at 03:52 PM.
03-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Ya, your right but the icade for some reason maps up, down, etc to more than one button. I.e. up is both A and E or something like that from what i read somewhere else
03-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyofr View Post
current irem drivers are really not well optimized. They really on nec v20/30/33 processors which are emulated by a rather slow C emulation core.
There is room for optimization but it will require a lot of work, so don't expect something in v0.4 but maybe later.
That's ok, there's plenty of other great games to play. I'll be looking forward to the future updates