★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Storm Strikers 99c (50% off) launch sale

03-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Storm Strikers 99c (50% off) launch sale

Hey. This is my 1st post here, as I generally forget to sign in, but I'm NOT the developer of this game, I just recently fell in love with Bullet Hell games. Also I don't know how to make my post fancy.

Storm Strikers, the 2nd game from the Danmaku Unlimited developer just released and is 99c, temporarily. I have no played it yet, but I tried Danmaku Unlimited and it controls well.

Youtube trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_RHbSZtTl4
Toucharcade discussion: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hreadid=124979
app store link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/storm-strikers/id497769266?mt=8
Appshopper link: http://appshopper.com/games/storm-strikers
03-09-2012, 03:24 PM

@mrsamsa

Nice & Welcome on the TouchArcade Forum!

03-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Ouch. I didn't buy this yet, but this has got to set a record for a price drop. It came out less than 48 hours ago.

Was considering it, but looks a bit too messy even for a shmup. Have to go read the regular thread.
03-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I think it's a launch price. The app launched at 99c, but the description says it's a launch sale, so I assumed it would go up to 1.99 in the near future.
03-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Ouch. I didn't buy this yet, but this has got to set a record for a price drop. It came out less than 48 hours ago.

Was considering it, but looks a bit too messy even for a shmup. Have to go read the regular thread.
?
It was supposed to launch at 0.99 cents as to not "penalize" the early adopters, and go up to its regular price..instead of the other way around like some games.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
03-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
?
It was supposed to launch at 0.99 cents as to not "penalize" the early adopters, and go up to its regular price..instead of the other way around like some games.
Ok. Sorry for the confusion. That is the way, IMO, it should work. I thought it released at $1.99 and just dropped to $.99. I know it says "launch sale". Just thought the actual "sale" just started today.

Opinions are kind of split in terms of the visual overload in the main thread. But I might have to pick this one up. Afterall, the king of shmups, Syntheticvoid, seems to have given it his seal of approval.
03-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Its a huge improvement over Danmaku, way more challenging.
03-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Send a message via MSN to DaGreen1 Send a message via Skype™ to DaGreen1
I'll say, it was tough. Though I'm surprised it's not using the retina display at all. It would be nice. Otherwise, it IS challenging and pretty fun. The music isn't bad, fast paced like the game. 4 out of 5 stars.
03-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Yeah, it is tough. Even on easy, I had a hard time making it through the game with 4 credits. That was just my first full play through. Now I can get to stage 5 before needing my first continue... But just do you guys know, even on easy, it's pretty tough.
03-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Send a message via MSN to DaGreen1 Send a message via Skype™ to DaGreen1
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Yeah, it is tough. Even on easy, I had a hard time making it through the game with 4 credits. That was just my first full play through. Now I can get to stage 5 before needing my first continue... But just do you guys know, even on easy, it's pretty tough.
It IS listed in the Bullet Hell Genre. Those games aren't meant to be easy. Still at least this is playable for me, unlike Ikaruga. That's a game that was spawned in the depths of Hell to show players how much they suck.