★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ice Wings: Skies Of Steel [Universal] - FREE

03-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Ice Wings: Skies Of Steel [Universal] - FREE

03-10-2012, 11:16 AM
I really dont recommend this game. Was an early supporter, but its too choppy and really bland. Dev hasn't been here in a while and there was an update that was supposed to come but hasnt been released yet. :/

Edit: But its free so try it. Sorry for the harshness, it really could be a good game if it was smoother.

03-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Send a message via MSN to DaGreen1 Send a message via Skype™ to DaGreen1
For free, I'll give it a shot. It looked pretty good, but even with your suggestion poster above me, I'll reserve judgement once I play it.
03-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi guys, sorry for the delay in the new update, but I have been forced to stop it by major causes, when i return to it i will post the new stuff.

Best.
03-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameon View Post
I really dont recommend this game. Was an early supporter, but its too choppy and really bland. Dev hasn't been here in a while and there was an update that was supposed to come but hasnt been released yet. :/

Edit: But its free so try it. Sorry for the harshness, it really could be a good game if it was smoother.
Surprised you found it choppy. Plays pretty smooth on my 3GS. I like it so far. Has a nice 3D looks to the typical airplane shooter like this.

Also has a lot of negative reviews on the AppStore, most of which complain of crashes, which I haven't yet had one. One issue, however, is that the menus seem to get cut off.

Thanks for posting syntheticvoid!

Last edited by awp69; 03-10-2012 at 03:43 PM.
03-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Surprised you found it choppy. Plays pretty smooth on my 3GS. I like it so far. Has a nice 3D looks to the typical airplane shooter like this.

Also has a lot of negative reviews on the AppStore, most of which complain of crashes, which I haven't yet had one. One issue, however, is that the menus seem to get cut off.

Thanks for posting syntheticvoid!
On my iPod Touch 4 32gb, it is very choppy. :/
03-10-2012, 04:23 PM
This game gets a little choppy during late game, when you're flying at very high speeds. But it's only a minor framerate drop on my iPhone 4 so it's not much of an issue.

A pretty good endless runner genre 'flyer'.
03-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Runs fine on iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (both iOS 5.1) with default controls. Not easy but pretty FUN and exciting! Nice graphics and explosions. Good flight feeling. Drive precisely sideways to get through the little hole in the wall. Restarts quick.

Straight full version, no "In-App Purchases" for real money or other complications. Thanks for the freebie and the heads-up. Featured in my blog. Four stars so far…

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
03-10-2012, 07:35 PM
When I bought this, I was hoping for a better experience. Unfortunately it doesn't run that smooth on iPod Touch 4G...

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
03-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
When I bought this, I was hoping for a better experience. Unfortunately it doesn't run that smooth on iPod Touch 4G...
Strange that there's been quite a few comments about it not running as well on the iPod Touch 4G when it's pretty smooth on the 3GS. But I guess I have heard of some games not running as well on the 4G due to memory issues.