★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zanta Boom /// Crazy Addictive and FREE!! Only for iOS!!

03-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Zanta Boom /// Crazy Addictive and FREE!! Only for iOS!!

Crazy addictive Zanta Boom!! Only for iOS!!

POCKETGAMER: “Laughing all the way”.

The game is built on simulation of the real gravitation, which affects the flying balls.
You only need to glide your finger across the screen and pick up a free ball. When you picked up a flying ball you must throw it during 5 seconds into another flying ball or into the wall. Note that the walls, which give 2 points, can appear and disappear instantly. But be on the watch for a bombs, hitting them you can lose points and even life. The game also has different kinds of bonus balls that will make your holiday even more exciting and give you opportunity to earn more points. As well you’ll find here combo «HitZ» and combo-series «Ztraight HitZ». At the end of game modes «Madness» and «Z-Madness» apogee ball flies, which you will need to beat on the walls of the screen with a breakneck speed, earning extra points. This is a real action.

Modes:
Z-Madness
Madness
Z-Begin
Z-Real

Advice:
Earn HitZ and Ztraight HitZ, and you’ll get better score.
Combo HitZ you’ll get for an instant breaking more then three balls.
Ztraight HitZ – this is a series of made HitZ. With each next HitZ you’ll get more and more points. Important is not to interrupt combo-series by HitZ absence for more then 5 seconds and by breaking the bomb.

Minimal requirements:
3GS iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPod Touch 4

Price:
FREE

Youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbMZG...H8edISSfAsMS4=
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	662.3 KB
ID:	42085   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.PNG
Size:	703.7 KB
ID:	42086   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.PNG
Size:	694.5 KB
ID:	42087  

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	42088   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.PNG
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	42089   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.PNG
Size:	722.6 KB
ID:	42090  

03-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Game Impressions

A pretty clever and original take on the Fruit Ninja theme. The big original mechanic is that you can grab any of the balls floating by as your smashing weapon but you need to toss it before the 5 seconds is up or suffer a big penalty.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

03-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Send a message via MSN to DaGreen1 Send a message via Skype™ to DaGreen1
I'm going to give it a test, but I'm curious, why release a Christmas themed game three months after December? Though it does look like a lot of fun. I'll post back with impressions.

Edit: Very colorful, the graphics really pop out. However, the sluggishness is a mood killer for me. I own an iPod Touch 4th Gen 8GB and it lags when trying to move the ball. And the idea of throwing goes out the window once you figure out that you can take a single ball, hold it in your hand for a decent period of time, and then just swipe against the other balls. Defeats the purpose of throwing it. However, combos are easily able to be made.

Last edited by DaGreen1; 03-10-2012 at 01:52 PM.
03-10-2012, 02:00 PM
I can also barely use the touchscreen, which noticeably lags and sometimes doesn't even register when there are more than five bulbs on the screen at a time.

Skype username is: slipstream121.
Currently Testing: Soctics league by Bitongo, Synesthetic, and others.
Previously Tested: Violet Storm by SCSGames
03-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
For not using one ball - there is a 5 second timer, after 5 sec it gonna blow out, so it makes gameplay more fast.
I've got iPod Touch 4 as well and there is no lugs on it, these lugs can happen just at the begging of game, when graphics is loading, after it's loaded usually there is no. We've tested it for a long time.
But anyway keep your free version, because we are making now a lots of cool updates (including online multiplayer, new effects, even quicker gameplay) and everyone who download it now, will get updates for free then)))
03-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KZU View Post
For not using one ball - there is a 5 second timer, after 5 sec it gonna blow out, so it makes gameplay more fast.
I've got iPod Touch 4 as well and there is no lugs on it, these lugs can happen just at the begging of game, when graphics is loading, after it's loaded usually there is no. We've tested it for a long time.
But anyway keep your free version, because we are making now a lots of cool updates (including online multiplayer, new effects, even quicker gameplay) and everyone who download it now, will get updates for free then)))
Hmm, maybe its me then. It is fun though, and the graphics are excellent and crisp. I look forward to seeing online multiplayer. That would clench a top spot for a long time.

03-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreen1 View Post
I'm going to give it a test, but I'm curious, why release a Christmas themed game three months after December? Though it does look like a lot of fun. I'll post back with impressions.

Edit: Very colorful, the graphics really pop out. However, the sluggishness is a mood killer for me. I own an iPod Touch 4th Gen 8GB and it lags when trying to move the ball. And the idea of throwing goes out the window once you figure out that you can take a single ball, hold it in your hand for a decent period of time, and then just swipe against the other balls. Defeats the purpose of throwing it. However, combos are easily able to be made.
Just taking a guess here, the game probably took longer to develop than they initially thought so now that they missed their ideal launch time but would love some feedback they just went ahead and released it for free anyways.

If this does well or they learn what people didn't think worked as well, they can follow up with a non-holiday themed deally for real money.

My iTunes Reviews
03-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Just taking a guess here, the game probably took longer to develop than they initially thought so now that they missed their ideal launch time but would love some feedback they just went ahead and released it for free anyways.

If this does well or they learn what people didn't think worked as well, they can follow up with a non-holiday themed deally for real money.
Hey, it happens. The graphics as I said are impressive. I should check my iPod to see if theres an issue with running it smoothly.

03-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreen1 View Post
Hey, it happens. The graphics as I said are impressive. I should check my iPod to see if theres an issue with running it smoothly.
Did you reboot? IT seemed to run decently for me on my iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.1.

My iTunes Reviews
03-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Did you reboot? IT seemed to run decently for me on my iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.1.

Rebooting now will update post after trying again.