★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Competitive Turn-Based Soccer: Beta Testers Needed!

03-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Competitive Turn-Based Soccer: Beta Testers Needed!

Competitive Gaming on Mac and iOS. Play against other online on a Mac, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad!

We are looking for beta testers to join us in the last round of our closed beta for Soctics League.

It's a turn-based soccer game with great emphasis on our online league, with match-making, quick games, a League (ladder) system, spectate feature, etc.

We are looking for testers who are interested in sports and turn-based strategy games, ideally with previous beta testing experience. This beta is for the iPhone version of the game, you should have an iPhone 3GS or later device.

If you are interested in joining our beta, please drop us a PM!

Cheers!

Gabor

Bitongo

Last edited by Bitongo; 03-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.
03-11-2012, 08:20 PM
How is this different from Soccer Tactics? The similarities are startling.

03-12-2012, 11:32 AM
I can give it a try , sign me up for beta
03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
A very good question, thank you! Originally we planned to release the new version as an update to our old Soccer Tactics game. During the beta we invited loyal players (they have been playing with Soccer Tactics for a very long time) to see how they would react to the numerous gameplay changes that we have done:
- different physics
- 3 different player types (in the classic there was only 1)
- matchmaking
- re-worked league-mode with bi-weekly tournaments
- introduced a new type of round: tactical mode lets you move your players around and to switch their types
- binocular item: you can use it to see where the ball will go if you hit it first. huge impact on the game's dynamics

We have introduced several features that have essentially changed the whole game. Our old players were shocked. Although they admitted they liked the new game, they said it is a totally different one and asked if we could keep the original gameplay intact in parallel. We have thought a lot about it but unfortunately we have no means to do so in a single game. Soctics has been re-written from scratch.

That is why we finally decided to release it as a new app. Our old players can still enjoy a very different game with Soccer Tactics and we managed to get very useful input from them for this new title.

You are welcome to join our testing team and you can compare the old version with the new one first-hand, what better way is there to see the differences? Yes, the game looks very similar at first glance, but the gameplay is totally different. There are many new features that I haven't mentioned yet and we are working very hard to make the atmosphere and control as good as it can be.

Hope this answered your question, if not, let me know