★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Inertia: Escape Velocity (1.99 -> 0.99) and HD (3 99 -> 1.99)

03-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Inertia: Escape Velocity (1.99 -> 0.99) and HD (3 99 -> 1.99)

on sale:

So I've had this on my wishlist since release (this is the first sale for the HD version), but now I'm hesitant to buy because of the update notes from the last update a couple weeks ago.
Quote:
We’ve made a big change to the free version of Inertia – now everything from the full game is there for you to enjoy, you just have to unlock it. No longer do you have to download the full game app from the store!
Um okay, so what's the point of the full version then? Anyone have any insight?
03-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Um okay, so what's the point of the full version then? Anyone have any insight?
Don't know specifically, but I would imagine those "unlocks" are via IAPs? Or am I wrong?

It would be pretty pointless if they had a paid version if everything could be unlocked via gameplay in the free version.

This game did look interesting to me.

EDIT: Looks like even the paid version has a butt load of IAPs so I have no idea.

03-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
They're exact the same minus a little "rate me" message in the lite version...
03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
They're exact the same minus a little "rate me" message in the lite version...
Wow, that's kind of slimy.

It's bad enough with devs changing paid apps to freemiums. But to have the same exact version that you have to pay for and the only difference is that message?
03-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I know. And I bought both versions at full price, along with the level packs before they made them available for purchase with in-game cash... Was upsetting.
03-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Send a message via MSN to DaGreen1 Send a message via Skype™ to DaGreen1
Quote:
Yeah, I know. And I bought both versions at full price, along with the level packs before they made them available for purchase with in-game cash... Was upsetting.
Meh, I was upset that Beat Hazard Ultra went free for a bit when I paid for it upon launch. Still, it was the 99 cents price, so I can't complain too much.

Skype username is: slipstream121.
Currently Testing: Soctics league by Bitongo, Synesthetic, and others.
Previously Tested: Violet Storm by SCSGames
03-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah, loads of games have gone free right after I purchased em... There was a span of about 3 months when almost everything I bought went free the same week I got it. Still doesn't take the sting away no matter how many times it happens.
03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Send a message via MSN to DaGreen1 Send a message via Skype™ to DaGreen1
Quote:
Yeah, loads of games have gone free right after I purchased em... There was a span of about 3 months when almost everything I bought went free the same week I got it. Still doesn't take the sting away no matter how many times it happens.
Lol. Beat Hazard Ultra went free for a week and it was at the most, a month old. And this is from a proven developer for other systems.

Hey Void, question for you. If a developer updates a game a few days after you post a user review, would you update your review or just leave it be?

Skype username is: slipstream121.
Currently Testing: Soctics league by Bitongo, Synesthetic, and others.
Previously Tested: Violet Storm by SCSGames
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
My thing isn't so much if they made it free for a bit but to have both paid and free versions that are essentially the same on the AppStore all the time is not very cool.
03-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Depends on the game, how much I like it, what all the update includes/changes, how many other reviews the game has ( I generally never review games that have a couple hundred or more reviews...), and if I still have the game on my device or not. =oP