★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***Requires iOS 7 or later. Compatible with iPad 2/iPad mini, iPod touch 5 and up and iPhone 4S and up WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES***

"One of the best of the year." - boardgamegeek.com
Pocket Tactics - 5 out of 5
Board Game Geek - 5 out of 5
Touch Arcade - 4 out of 5
Gamezebo - 4 out of 5

EPIC FANTASY BATTLES
Command valiant warriors and vicious demons in BattleLore: Command, based on the board game BattleLore Second Edition. Lead the noble Daqan army as they fearlessly defend their homeland from the invading hordes of the Uthuk Yllan demon-blooded barbarians spreading chaos and destruction wherever they go. Or, lead the Uthuk Yllan and channel their fury into military supremacy.

PREPARE FOR WAR: Muster armies suited to the mission at hand and support your strengths as a commander. Deploy them strategically and order them unit by unit.

TAKE THE FIELD: Use the 360 view to see the battlefield from any vantage point.

WIELD ARCANE POWERS: Lore powers give each army unique tactical and magical advantages you can use to surprise the enemy and turn the tide of battle.

FIGHT A HEROIC CAMPAIGN: Take charge of the Daqan army in a multi-mission single-player campaign to vanquish the Uthuk Yllan and save Terrinoth.

SKIRMISH AGAINST A FRIEND OR AGAINST THE COMPUTER: Challenge your friends or the CPU in multiplayer matches: Online, LAN, Pass & Play or vs. CPU!

YOU ARE IN COMMAND.

codeb0t's comments:

Quote:
***NOTE: Compatible with iPad 2/iPad mini, iPod touch 5 and up and iPhone 4S and up – WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES***

EPIC FANTASY BATTLES
Command valiant warriors and vicious demons in BattleLore: Command, based on the board game BattleLore Second Edition. Lead the noble Daqan army as they fearlessly defend their homeland from the invading hordes of the Uthuk Y’llan– demon-blooded barbarians spreading chaos and destruction wherever they go. Or, lead the Uthuk Y’llan and channel their fury into military supremacy. Whether you’re a proven commander or have never before fought a battle, BattleLore: Command provides a suspenseful and challenging tactical combat experience.

PREPARE FOR WAR: Muster armies suited to the mission at hand and support your strengths as a commander. Deploy them strategically and order them unit by unit.

TAKE THE FIELD: Use the 360 view with zooming capabilities to see the battlefield from any vantage point.

WIELD ARCANE POWERS: Lore powers give each army unique tactical and magical advantages you can use to surprise the enemy and turn the tide of battle.

FIGHT A HEROIC CAMPAIGN: Take charge of the Daqan army in a multi-mission single-player campaign to vanquish the Uthuk Y’llan and save Terrinoth.

SKIRMISH AGAINST A FRIEND OR AGAINST THE COMPUTER: Choose from five different skirmish scenarios and order either the Daqan Lords or Uthuk Y’llan in battles against a friend via local LAN multiplayer or against the CPU.

YOU ARE IN COMMAND.
11-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Another game that will put me into bankruptcy but would probably be worth it

11-25-2014, 12:26 PM
nice surprise. fantasy flight games makes the best cardboard boardgames, lets hope that this stands as tall as those.

anyways I'm buying now, due to fantasy flights great customer service. i had a broken mini from descent. i emailed them a picture of the broken dude, two days later i get the replacement. now thats service. fan for life.
11-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanikal fiend View Post
nice surprise. fantasy flight games makes the best cardboard boardgames, lets hope that this stands as tall as those.

anyways I'm buying now, due to fantasy flights great customer service. i had a broken mini from descent. i emailed them a picture of the broken dude, two days later i get the replacement. now thats service. fan for life.
Not to mention their other forays into the App Store, like Elder Sign Omens, have been very well executed.

Jumping on this one as soon as I clear off enough space. I own the physical BattleLord game (1st edition) and love it, but don't get to play it nearly enough. I'm really looking forward to playing against the AI in particular.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Game Impressions

11-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Looks a nice game
11-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Can anyone comment on AI?
11-25-2014, 04:17 PM
I haven't had the chance to pick this one up yet but I plan to grab it just for the skirmish mode. The fact that it comes with a huge campaign mode is just a bonus!

Also, I'm told that there are lots of well made tutorials to help you learn the game so those of you haven't played BattleLore 2.0 (shame on you) can get up to speed quickly.
11-25-2014, 05:39 PM
This game seems to me what I wanted Space Wolf to be like (paid up front and not freemium). Although the theme is different the game mechanics seem similar with the card-based turn system.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5114

Last edited by TokyoDan; 11-25-2014 at 05:42 PM.
11-25-2014, 08:53 PM
How is the AI for skirmish in this? Overall looks great!