★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chillingo Ltd
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 81.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "...Picnic Wars HD is still an extremely playable game that looks and sound great, and with 64 levels on offer it wont be conquered too quickly either." 148Apps, 4/5

"The graphics and sounds are simply brilliant and without any doubts this game is just fantastic." AppCroc

"I have no negative comments regarding Picnic Wars." App-Score, 10/10

It's a battle as old as time, fruit versus vegetable. Take the role of either edible army in this arcade fort destroying game with an appetising twist. Catapult your fruits or veggies into enemy fortresses and crush their defences to a pulp!

Choose your side; will it be the easy going Fruits, or the tough vegetables? Either way you will have a veritable farmer's market of food to fling at your enemy's fort, including tomatoes, eggplants, mushrooms, strawberries and much more!

Destroy everything in sight with explosive fruit and vegetable ammo. Think strategically as you plant your cropsyou'll need to make sure you brought along the right seeds for the job!

Picnic wars features an epic 64-level campaign split between the two food groups. Hurl 23 varieties of fruit and vegetable. Deploy 12 different kinds of launcher. If you're still not satisfied, there's the mega-powerful Pumpkin Bomb. This one's a real doozy.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com

Echoseven's comments:

HD Version: http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/picnic-wars-hd/id483096688?mt=8
03-14-2012, 07:02 AM
I`ll give it a try.

03-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Be good to see a gameplay vid. Can't tell much from the screen shots.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
03-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Exactly! I can't tell anything from them. Sanuku to the rescue!

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
03-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Game Impressions

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-14-2012 at 08:49 PM.
03-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Thank you Sanuku, savior of toucharcade
03-14-2012, 08:49 PM
03-14-2012, 10:02 PM
thanks for the vid sanuku, looks like i can finally buy something, been a dry spell for months now.
03-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Any game imPressions for this? I bought harry the fairy and that's pretty good so far... I dunno bout this one
03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
Any game imPressions for this? I bought harry the fairy and that's pretty good so far... I dunno bout this one
It depends on your tastes Darth Ronfar. Picnic Wars is a castle crusher with a very unique strategic element thrown in (you get to choose you crops [ammo] as you fight) wrong decisions can see you strugglebut with good aim you can still own.

If you like tower crashing games, I am sure this one will do it for you.

And please, let me know what you think if you decide to grab it. Always appreciate feedback