Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-19-2012, 06:17 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Hi guys

what exactly are the issues you're seeing with pan/zoom/rotate. To rotate you touch the screen with 2 fingers spaced out and then rotate one of them (make sure you leave one stationary as it cant tell the difference between zoom and rotate if you try and move both). Zoom is by pinching. Pan is by dragging. I didnt have any trouble so not sure what you guys are seeing differently.

On the kill chance I'll check. The Panzer IV A you looked at does have particularly bad armour all round so the Panzer III may wellhave better armour on the rear than it does on the front. Can you check again to see if it really does give a kill though - this sounds unlikely when reporting a 0% chance to kill.

To cancel a move just select another unit or doble tap on nothing to deselect or tap the units info bar at the bottom to deselect.

Units do not have health. A tank was either alive or dead, it didnt slowly get nibbled away at like you see in RTS games so hits either pentrate & kill or bounce. You should be able to see if they penetrate!

On the unit list issues would you like to have an option to put a unit to "sleep" so it got ignored for the rest of the turn when cycling?

Rewinding the replay is nice but not really possible. It's a massive job to do so unfortunately not really possible. It may be possible to watch the entire replay again if thats desierable?

Veteran units carry over in carryover campaigns. See Market Garden for an example of a carryover campign. This feature was added in an expansions so none of the original games made use of it but user content can so maybe someone will create some user maps with carryover.

If I've missed any questions let me know. Its a long thread!

Cheers

Iain
Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Checked all the % and everything looks fine here on iPad for me.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitherine Iain View Post
Hi guys

what exactly are the issues you're seeing with pan/zoom/rotate.
I mentioned this earlier in the thread and a couple of other players concurred...

It's not difficulty using pan, zoom or rotate - it's the performance of these functions - it's really slow and choppy. I get this poor performance on both my iPad 2 and my new iPad.

Cheers,

Jamie.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:23 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Rotate & Zoom are very smooth for me on iPad2. I'll have to retry on the iPad1. Could you be running other apps in memory that are reducing what's available to BA and reducing its performance? If you do a complete reboot of your system by powering down do you still see the issue?

Panning is a little "Choppy" because it has to scroll tile by tile but the frame rate is pretty high for me. We could hide the cursor when scrolling and that might make it look nicer?

Ahh I just noticed something. Rotate & zoom seem to work better for me when I dont have a unit selected. Can you try this and confirm if its the same for you? If this is the issue I would have thought we should be able to fix it.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 AM

It definitely is more choppy with a unit selected. I also find sometimes when I try to rotate it 'jumps' the view - so it doesn't seem to use my current 'view' as the starting point for the rotation. I'll play some more tonight and try to provide some more feedback.

I will say, though, just in case any of this is putting people off this game, this is NOT a big issue at all - the game screams quality and polish and this is a very minor point.

Jamie.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:05 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Thanks - any patterns you can see to this will be great to know in helping us track it down.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Will there be a lite version for this game?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:22 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Lite version is TBD right now. Its a fair bit of work to do right and we would rather make more content for teh existing game but know we have to strike a balance between making cool new stuff and marketing materials to sell what we've already done!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:58 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Here's a quick video of how rotation works for me (not very well)...

Just before this I killed all running processes and did a hard reboot of the iPad 2.

I'll see if I can catch a vid of the view jumping also.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitherine Iain View Post
Lite version is TBD right now. Its a fair bit of work to do right and we would rather make more content for teh existing game but know we have to strike a balance between making cool new stuff and marketing materials to sell what we've already done!
Iain, I'd strongly recommend doing a lite version. At the price point you've pitched the full game, you're going to find a lot of people, who otherwise could be tempted, put off by the price. Just my opinion, though.

Good luck with it, and good for you guys for keeping the Britsoft flagging quietly flying.