Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitherine Iain View Post
what exactly are the issues you're seeing with pan/zoom/rotate. To rotate you touch the screen with 2 fingers spaced out and then rotate one of them (make sure you leave one stationary as it cant tell the difference between zoom and rotate if you try and move both).
Most apps rotate if you move both fingers together around the point between them.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:11 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

When this is sub 10, I'll make a purchase. By then hopefully the app will be optimised for iPad 3
Old 03-19-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robiow View Post
When this is sub 10, I'll make a purchase. By then hopefully the app will be optimised for iPad 3
Just to be clear, we are unlikely to drop the price any time soon. If nothing else, it would not be a great thankyou to all the people who have already grabbed the game...

Cheers

Pip
Old 03-19-2012, 10:32 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

That's cool, I've plenty to be getting on with. Will keep an eye out
Old 03-19-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robiow View Post
I see stuff like this a LOT from gamers, and it saddens me. Sure, it's your money and you can do what you like - don't think I'm disagreeing with that. but knowing the amount of developers I do (I'm a recruiter in video games, albeit one who doesn't deal with Slitherine), I know EXACTLY how much work goes into these games and how much money it costs to bring stuff like this to market - especially for the niche studios like these guys or Eagle Dynamics or Third Wire. I saw it a LOT with Codies and their OFP series (which I still think were better tactical games than their sales would suggest).

If you like the look of this, and you'd be willing to spend a tenner, then please consider going the extra few pounds. After all, it's for a great cause and will help ensure they work on other stuff in future
Old 03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Thanks for the video. We added a sensitivity filter so that only movements above a certain level regsitered for the rotation. This is to stop it appearing jerky. Its like a dampner. The issue is you're moving your fingers slower than the minimum level its designed to detect. Try moving your fingers faster and it should be fine. If this turns out to be the issue then we can look at the sensitivty and see if we can make it more sensitive without making it jerky.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:48 AM
iPad

Quote:
The issue is you're moving your fingers slower than the minimum level its designed to detect. Try moving your fingers faster and it should be fine.
It seems like he's moving his fingers pretty fast, to me. If you're trying to get a particular view, I don't see how you could go much faster and get to exactly the orientation you want.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Thanks for the video. We added a sensitivity filter so that only movements above a certain level regsitered for the rotation. This is to stop it appearing jerky. Its like a dampner. The issue is you're moving your fingers slower than the minimum level its designed to detect. Try moving your fingers faster and it should be fine. If this turns out to be the issue then we can look at the sensitivty and see if we can make it more sensitive without making it jerky.
Can you make this a user selectable sensitivity option? This will be your best bet. Trying to have one setting that will work for everybody is going to be impossible, especially as the technology advances from year to year and the hardware changes. I mean, look at the difference between the iPad 1 and the 3rd Gen iPad. This would allow people to adjust the sensitivity to fit their needs.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:56 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

We're going to play with the settings a bit and see what we can come up with.

Phil has also just gone to get hold of an iPad3 and see what we can do for that
Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 AM

Should point out I grabbed it this afternoon. Had a (brief) play with it, didn't notice any scrolling/panning issues etc. On the (new) iPad.