Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-07-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthon View Post
Can your units get out of retreat/surrender mode?

I'd like to know this too....
Old 04-07-2012, 01:16 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Features: Wishlist

@PipFromSlitherine:

I really love your game this far! Good job!

But could you please add some features in the next updates?

- I'd love to see a time stamp for saves (date and time of the savegame), maybe mission name

- where can u view your mission progress? You get a star rating at the end of each mission, but where to view this afterwards? Or in general, which campaign mission are already done? Is there an archievement overview?

And a little critic: in the AppStore preview pictures you can see shadows of objects on the floor, on my iPad 3 there ain't any shadows... I felt a little bit cheated, i read this thread, and there was a discussion about ground shadows. Then I saw the pictures and read in th app description something like ground objects can be seen on iPad 3, so I was pretty much sure shadows have been added. Is it possible to add them in the future? Can the iPad 3 handle it?

Last edited by Darkwalker; 04-07-2012 at 01:23 PM..
Old 04-07-2012, 02:07 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardbattle View Post
I'd like to know this too....
Yes they can. Each turn they have a chance to rally... Just keep them out of line of sight of enemy units and eventually they will recover morale.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:47 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Anyone out there who is following this thread and still is on the fence about buying the game, Touchgen have just posted a review and have given Battle Academy 4.5 out of 5

http://www.touchgen.net/battle-academy-ipad-review
Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwalker View Post
@PipFromSlitherine:

- I'd love to see a time stamp for saves (date and time of the savegame), maybe mission name

- where can u view your mission progress? You get a star rating at the end of each mission, but where to view this afterwards? Or in general, which campaign mission are already done? Is there an archievement overview?

And a little critic: in the AppStore preview pictures you can see shadows of objects on the floor, on my iPad 3 there ain't any shadows... I felt a little bit cheated, i read this thread, and there was a discussion about ground shadows. Then I saw the pictures and read in th app description something like ground objects can be seen on iPad 3, so I was pretty much sure shadows have been added. Is it possible to add them in the future? Can the iPad 3 handle it?
Wow, you're absolutely right about the shadows. I was so enthralled by the Retina graphics and improved camera I didn't even notice they weren't there. Hopefully they'll be added soon.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
@PipFromSlitherine:

Gah - it may be that when we put together the iTunes page we grabbed PC screenshots to work on. The games are identical in terms of everything other than the shadows, and so it was probably overlooked. I will speak to the guys about replacing them with correct iPad screens. It's just so hard to get the perfect shot that will satisfy our Creative Director .

Cheers

Pip
Old 04-09-2012, 12:16 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Be better to add the shadows to the game, no?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:05 AM

What's the best DLC for the money? Anyway you could package all three together for a special price? Eh? Eh? Would be greatly appreciated.
Thx!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthon View Post
What's the best DLC for the money? Anyway you could package all three together for a special price? Eh? Eh? Would be greatly appreciated.
Thx!
Yes it would be greatly appreciated. It would be nice if those who wanted to buy all of the iaps can get at least a little discount.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
@PipFromSlitherine

Loving game so far, but yes it would be great to see shadows. Any indication if this is technically feasible?