Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-27-2012, 04:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emos View Post
If your units are supressed, it basically takes time for them to regain enough morale to suck it up and enter the fray again. If possible, move them away from the action to safety so any additional attacks won't continue to drain the morale meter.
Sometimes a spotted unit will become hidden the following turn. I'm not absolutely sure of the mechanics behind it, but I think it's due to the unit that spotted the enemy either moving out of the line of site or becoming supressed or the enemy unit moving out of LOS. That would be a good time to use the Supressive Fire function, especially if it looks like a fortification tile, units are usually loathe to abandon those unless they have to!

EDIT: some missions have a Rally ability, where you can instantly recover one of your suppressed units, can come in very handy. Also if you can get an infantry unit to Elite status, it will gain an ability called Snipe. It will automatically kill one man in a squad but its devastating feature is the incredible amount of suppression it generates.
Thanks again.
Anyway, TWO full iPad battery charges later, I conquered the coastline and secured the village, will all stars/achievements.

What a ride!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 05:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Thanks again.
Anyway, TWO full iPad battery charges later, I conquered the coastline and secured the village, will all stars/achievements.

What a ride!!!!
Glad you liked it! Hopefully you'll invest in the full version but I know that $20 can be hard to swallow for iOS gamers (though I think it's worth it)! I think the lite version offers two multiplayer maps so if you want to give that a whirl instead you can create a challenge then PM me with the scenario, your handle and password to enter the game you created. Even though I think I do OK in single player I get my behind handed to me by the experienced grognards who play there.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:39 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Glad you liked it! Hopefully you'll invest in the full version but I know that $20 can be hard to swallow for iOS gamers (though I think it's worth it)! I think the lite version offers two multiplayer maps so if you want to give that a whirl instead you can create a challenge then PM me with the scenario, your handle and password to enter the game you created. Even though I think I do OK in single player I get my behind handed to me by the experienced grognards who play there.
I have no problem with the price of the game, content is simply staggering (just the lite content is massive IMHO).
I'm not sure I can bear more than 1 type of these games at once...so before buying I want to inform myself better about Panzer Corps and when it is supposedly out.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:55 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
I have no problem with the price of the game, content is simply staggering (just the lite content is massive IMHO).
I'm not sure I can bear more than 1 type of these games at once...so before buying I want to inform myself better about Panzer Corps and when it is supposedly out.
I'm not sure what the timeline is for Panzer Corps, it's been delayed at least once. Hopefully either Pip or Ian can give us a guideline but my guess is that we won't see it until early 2013...it's gong to be a day one buy for me regardless.

Also, I discovered that I have to be the one to issue an invite to a person who doesn't have the full version of the game. If you wish, you can PM me an addy to issue the challenge. I just started an MP game with scary pharaoh so we'll see how that goes
Old 10-27-2012, 07:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
I'm not sure what the timeline is for Panzer Corps, it's been delayed at least once. Hopefully either Pip or Ian can give us a guideline but my guess is that we won't see it until early 2013...it's gong to be a day one buy for me regardless.

Also, I discovered that I have to be the one to issue an invite to a person who doesn't have the full version of the game. If you wish, you can PM me an addy to issue the challenge. I just started an MP game with scary pharaoh so we'll see how that goes
LOL, Scarypharaoh is a busy men, I'm playing with him too
I thought PanzerCorps was samewhat immininent but I'm probably wrong.
I'm not even sure which type of game is and if I'll like it so I hope they will have a lite too.
I must confess that I dig the 2D graphic a bit more tough.
We will see
Old 10-27-2012, 07:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Slitherine have been very quiet about Panzer Corp for iOS, but last I recall reading somewhere, it still had a late 2012 target date. I'm hoping that's still the case, but I'd rather have it right than have it early!

--DotComCTO
Old 10-27-2012, 07:56 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
LOL, Scarypharaoh is a busy men, I'm playing with him too
I thought PanzerCorps was samewhat immininent but I'm probably wrong.
I'm not even sure which type of game is and if I'll like it so I hope they will have a lite too.
I must confess that I dig the 2D graphic a bit more tough.
We will see
Panzer Corps is a reboot (or loving tribute if you prefer) of the original Panzer General PC game from the mid '90s. It was an incredible strategy game for its time and I remember I played the hell out of it back in the day. It looks like slitherine updated it really nice
Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 AM

Just tried the lite version -- fun game! A few questions, though:

What does an "assault" do (vs. regular attack)?

Has anyone else noticed that the map sometimes jumps around when trying to move around? Usually when i'm trying to move the map with a unit selected. Speaking of which, is there any way to DE-select a unit?

When I tap and hold on various terrain tiles, the displayed stats dont always match up with the actual visible terrain. Sometimes it changes just moving my finger slightly in a different direction... not even outside of the original terrain tile. Am I doing this wrong, or is this a glitch?

Is there any way to rewind a units movements? Because I haven't figured out a way to deselect units, I've accidentally moved units a couple times, which is pretty aggravating.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:23 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Panzer Corps is coming but it took longer than expected to finish Afrika Korps than expected so it will be some time Q1 2013.

I forget about deselect but I think selecting a tile you cant move to deselects. Hard to remember without the game in front of me.

Assaults destroy the enemy unit if they succeed rather than just damaging it. Its the only way to get rid of units in heavy bunkers - they wont surrender when their morale drops below 0. It is risker though and can result in your taking casualties as well as the enemy.

There is a bug where the screen sometimes jumps. We haven't tracked down the cause yet.

You cant undo moves as there is too much advantage gained form what you see or don't see so it would kind of be cheating.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:57 AM

Thanks!

How many missions/campaigns/scenarios come with the game? How many with each IAP expansion? Are there any plans for further expansions, or is all focus on Panzer/Afrika Corps?