Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-28-2012, 09:05 PM

You can deselect a unit by tapping it's icon at the bottom left of the screen, on the info panel.

There is also an option on the options screen to auto-deselect a unit after giving it an order.

Cheers

Pip
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 PM

Perfect!

Man, it'd be so much easier to commit to this if it weren't $50.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:07 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Perfect!

Man, it'd be so much easier to commit to this if it weren't $50.
You still get a lot of game for $20, the three additional expansion campaigns (France, Market Garden and Sealion) are $10 each. You can also download user-created scenarios and campaigns for free!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

While still playing Battle Academy mp (which is nothing short of amazing) I checked Siltherine forums and discovered they are porting a medieval BA game which looks freaking amazing and Panzer Corps.
So I did this huge mistake at work today, and downloaded Panzer Corps demo.

I was sold at the intro.

Please, be fast and get my money.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
While still playing Battle Academy mp (which is nothing short of amazing) I checked Siltherine forums and discovered they are porting a medieval BA game which looks freaking amazing and Panzer Corps.
So I did this huge mistake at work today, and downloaded Panzer Corps demo.

I was sold at the intro.

Please, be fast and get my money.
Yes I can't wait either! I would implore Slitherine to have a lite version of Panzer Corps (demo) release on the same day as the full version. I have a nagging feeling that the BA lite version releasing 6+ months after the full version originally hit may have been a tactical error, but I hope I'm wrong and that it's drawing in plenty of new wargamers!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emos View Post
Yes I can't wait either! I would implore Slitherine to have a lite version of Panzer Corps (demo) release on the same day as the full version. I have a nagging feeling that the BA lite version releasing 6+ months after the full version originally hit may have been a tactical error, but I hope I'm wrong and that it's drawing in plenty of new wargamers!
Yeah I always think (no matter the game or how niche is the genre) a demo should be concurrent to the actual product, to use every bit of momentum it can get.
I'm still astonished TouchArcade hasn't praised the game yet.
Ok, it may be niche but I found it very accessibile and I think they could use and please a broader audience.
Whoever tries the demo can like it or dislike it, see the game is for him or not, but it surely can't argue that the price/content ratio is unfair.
But I can already imagine the meltdown...

Anyway...the sounds of Panzer Corps are so awesome I'm totally immersed in it despite the absence of animations.

Having neglected this genre for far too long, I have a question...related to Battle Academy and similar upcoming titles in general.

Is there an option for CO OP ?
Playing some great async co op games recently (like StarBase Orion) I found I dig them a lot more if I play with friends in co op mode, instead of versus mode.
I LOVE cohordinating attacks, aid and be aided, and such.
CO OP in these games seems a no brainer...but I didn't found anything...just competitive games.

I would love to split some airborne rangers and tanks with a firend of mine, and try togheter to get on that damn hill at Omaha beach.

Is there something like that?
Or is it planned (BA or other games too)?
Old 10-29-2012, 01:04 PM

Coop is not currently supported. It's on my personal wishlist, but we just haven't found a point where we could get the time to implement it (and we'd also need to build some missions to take advantage, etc etc).

But thanks for letting us know that coop is something that you would like to see.

Cheers

Pip
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipFromSlitherine View Post
Coop is not currently supported. It's on my personal wishlist, but we just haven't found a point where we could get the time to implement it (and we'd also need to build some missions to take advantage, etc etc).

But thanks for letting us know that coop is something that you would like to see.

Cheers

Pip
Thanks!!!
Yeah I think CO OP is great fun and a nice diversion from versus games.
Coordinating and battling togheter for survival and reach key points is a whole different order of tension IMHO.
Actually I'm surprised they aren't a 'staple' of this genre already like versus mode, seems almost a perfect fit to me.
I'm glad you are at least considering it for future projects/mods.

I know this isn't the right place and moment but I'm hopelessly psyched about PanzerCorps coming to iPad...I remained an hour more in office just to siege Warsaw (the demo first mission) and I had a total blast.
A game I knew NOTHING about 3 days ago except having a vague reminiscence about people raving about Panzer General back in the days.
Consider it a sell already.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:28 AM

Bought it, love it! My budget is busted for a while, though
Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Bought it, love it! My budget is busted for a while, though
Don't worry, the core game will have tons of material for the $20: Three campaigns with a total of 28 missions, a random skirmish mode, an allied and axis special op mission. You can also download user-created content and multiplayer is just the icing on the cake.
Some of the missions are very challenging and will take a lot a time to plan your turns. I just completed the COBRA mission in the Normandy campaign, wow was that brutal. One German Tiger is enough to strike fear into the hearts of allied armor, having to face a pack of the big cats is demoralizing to say the least! Not to spoil anything (unless you know your WWII history) the mission starts out so promising with you kicking butt and taking names but you hit a reversal soon enough
One tip from me for what it's worth: whenever you have an opportunity to buy self-propelled artillery and/or mortar units, do so! Even if bombarding doesn't destroy a unit, it will still generate suppression (a mortar round detonating against a Tiger turret won't even scratch the paint but it'll ring the crews bell, think of sticking your head in an iron pot and having someone whacking it with a sledgehammer ) Bombardment units also do wonders against entrenched units and the 88s...you will learn to fear the flak88s!

Last edited by Emos; 10-30-2012 at 08:10 AM..