• Publisher: Slitherine
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 255.8 MB
  • Version: 2.70
  • Price: $19.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (5)
App description: Number#1 Strategy game in 42 stores. For 24/7 tech support and updates visit www.slitherine.com/forum

* PocketTactics 5 out of 5 - In price, content, and execution, Battle Academy is a proud game from another time. And worth every penny.
* DigitallyDownloaded.net 4.5 out of 5 Stars - Really, when you buy this game, youre buying into the excellent, competitive, online environment, and it looks like a healthy community at this stage.
* NoHighScores youd be hard pressed to find a richer, more satisfying turn-based wargame on the platform.
* TouchGen 4.5 out of 5 Stars - Battle Academy is a welcoming but challenging experience.
* StrategyPrime 4.5 out of 5 Stars - Probably one of the finest strategy games you can find on the iPad just about now, and definitely a must-have.
* FortressAT Battle Academy isa real game, a proper game
* Esquire - this is the best game weve played yet on the iPad.
* Plughead.net 82% - A proper wargame! On the iPad!
* PCDome.hu the ideal tactical casual wargame for iPad.
* SlideToPlay 3 out of 4 - for those of you who are willing to take the challenge, youll encounter a highly engaging, absorbing and lengthy experience the likes of which has rarely been seen on iOS.
* BoardGameGeek 3 of 4 Stars - Hands down this is the most impressive war game yet on the platform.

Description

Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionise the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation.

Inspired by an original online game concept devised by the BBC, the game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive.

The team at Slitherine worked with Professor John Buckley, Military Historian at the University of Wolverhampton and a keen wargamer himself, to make sure that the strategy, tactics, scenarios and available firepower of the battles fought in WW2 were turned into realistic AI behaviour, powering expertly crafted battles.

The revolutionary server-based PBEM++ Slitherine system completes the package, for a gaming experience that will certainly please both hard core wargamers and newcomers. This revolutionary system allows iPad, Mac and PC players to play against each other, and even allows you to play 1 turn on your PC at home, continue the same game on the iPad on the train to work and play a turn at work on your Mac, all without you having to do a thing - the server handles it all!

Features

Control British, US, Polish, Canadian forces in 3 epic campaigns covering more than 30 varied battles or take control of Italian and German forces in multiplayer.

Select from a vast array of equipment including 100 units from 6 nations - Shermans, Fireflys, Panthers, Tigers, Stukas, Hurricanes, P47s and much more!

Gameplay features include ambushes, line of sight, artillery barrages, airstrikes, scouts, morale, APCs, flame throwers, heavy bombers, snipers and suppression.

Your units gain experience as they fight. Get promoted to Veteran and Elite status and gain new skills.

Addictive multiplayer modes using Slitherines revolutionary multiplayer server thats linked into an online ranking system.

Werechihuahua's comments:
What a pleasant surprise! The folks at Slitherine have ported the outstanding wargame Battle Academy to iOS and the iPad version turned up on the app store today. I love this game on PC and have been playing it, and the expansion packs for a long time. I hope you can give it some love in the review category, and someone who is wise in the ways of forums will do a proper post . (sanuku?)

This is a full on, everything included version of the PC game. Nothing has been taken out, or stripped down to put it on iPad and it plays great with a touch interface...

11-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantus View Post
ETA on panzer corps?
Q1 2013. Ian mentioned that a few of their other titles took a little longer than anticipated, so Panzer Corps for iOS got pushed back a little bit.

Disappointing, but I know Slitherine will put out a great port!

--DotComCTO
11-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the demo invite system? im able to play regular multiplayer fine with several people, but im trying to persuade a friend to get the game by playing the demo, but when I tap the icon on the main page, im sent to slitherine's website and then when I log in to send the email invite, I am told I need to register my copy.

Anyone else having this problem?

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh

11-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarypharaoh View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with the demo invite system? im able to play regular multiplayer fine with several people, but im trying to persuade a friend to get the game by playing the demo, but when I tap the icon on the main page, im sent to slitherine's website and then when I log in to send the email invite, I am told I need to register my copy.

Anyone else having this problem?
Is this recently? The system should not require any kind of registration.

Cheers

Pip
11-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipFromSlitherine View Post
Is this recently? The system should not require any kind of registration.

Cheers

Pip
Can you try again, there was a potential issue with the web code that should now be fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Pip
11-21-2012, 03:47 PM
thanks, it seems to be working in terms of the invites now
unfortunately, now there is an issue with the actual matches. both myself and my friend have opponents turn on our respective multiplayer pages so we cant start the match also, the date of the match is 1.1.1970, which is definately weird, considering the dates on my other games are correct.

11-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
thanks, it seems to be working in terms of the invites now
unfortunately, now there is an issue with the actual matches. both myself and my friend have opponents turn on our respective multiplayer pages so we cant start the match also, the date of the match is 1.1.1970, which is definately weird, considering the dates on my other games are correct.
Invite matches should start on the invited players turn. Or is this not what you are seeing?

I will check out the date issue.

Cheers

Pip
11-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipFromSlitherine View Post
Invite matches should start on the invited players turn. Or is this not what you are seeing?

I will check out the date issue.

Cheers

Pip
no, we are both seeing its the opposite persons turn to start the match.

11-22-2012, 05:22 PM
These are the two screenshots that we both had last night when trying to play.
Hope thats some help
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0473.PNG (306.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png IMG_0474.PNG (307.5 KB, 4 views)

11-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
These are the two screenshots that we both had last night when trying to play.
Hope thats some help
Thanks for the info. The server team are looking into it, apparently some games were corrupted and they are trying to fix them.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Pip
11-29-2012, 10:56 AM
For a limited time only all Battle Academy's In App Purchases are 50% off!

That's a huge amount of content for only 2.99/$4/99

This offer lasts till the 14th December so don't miss out!