★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

VOIDS - Addictive Retro Arcade (Universal)

03-14-2012, 10:55 PM
VOIDS - Addictive Retro Arcade (Universal)

VOIDS is a retro-inspired arcade game for iPhone/iPod (Retina) and iPads, with fast, addictive gameplay and an awesome soundtrack.

You are Commander Star, pilot of the last surviving ship in a battle against an alien horde intent on destroying the Earth. With your weapons systems offline, and your shield barely functional, can you use your wits to survive the alien onslaught?

VOIDS is available today on an App Store near you! If you can't find it right away, check back after a few hours as it's still making it through the system.

03-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Where did this come from, I thought you were working on another RPG?

In any case, I wasn't a fan of what you did with Descend, but very much a fan of what you were trying to do, so I guess I'll just check this one out.

03-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Where did this come from, I thought you were working on another RPG?

In any case, I wasn't a fan of what you did with Descend, but very much a fan of what you were trying to do, so I guess I'll just check this one out.
VOIDS is just something that I've put together over the last couple of months while trying to sort out funding for Coldfire Keep (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=123213).

RPGs are definitely my favorite genre, but definitely NOT the only thing I'm working on

I love games like VOIDS for their simplicity. That old-school arcade feel just can't be beaten sometimes when you just want to chill out, play a game, and not think too much.
03-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Game Impressions

Sorry, but this is just pretty dire. Technically as well as conceptually. I don't really know what else to say.
03-14-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Sorry, but this is just pretty dire. Technically as well as conceptually. I don't really know what else to say.
As in VOIDS? If so, you're certainly entitled to an opinion, but I find that pretty odd. I personally think it's a very enjoyable game and everyone that beta tested it did too (not friends/family by the way)
03-15-2012, 01:42 AM

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
03-15-2012, 02:36 AM
Glad to see this finally hit the App Store! Definitely curious to try this out..
03-15-2012, 06:25 AM
What's the gameplay like, and what sort of controls? I really can't gather much from the description.
03-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
What's the gameplay like, and what sort of controls? I really can't gather much from the description.
Single taps/touches are the only inputs that the player is required to make. The general idea is to target the enemy ships that are being displayed on your monitors, avoid all other enemy ships and projectiles, and gather enough points to move on to the next level before the time limit expires.

As the levels progress, the "aggressiveness" of the enemies increases, as does their speed. There are also "Boss" fights at regular intervals to break things up.

The goal is simply to progress as far as possible to amass the most points and claim a higher spot on the leaderboard. There is an end game sequence though if you happen to get that far
04-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Voids v1.1 is out with some HUGE performance improvements.

The game is also now free, so give it a shot!

I'm already working on v1.2 which will bring some new gameplay mechanics and Game Center Achievements.

If you can't see v1.1 or the new pricing right away, just wait a while and try again. It takes a while for changes to propagate out to all stores.