Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-21-2012, 06:24 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

When I get my 4S in a few weeks, I guarantee you this is the first game I'm going to get. Decided to finally check it out today after seeing that it's still charting in the top 50 at $4.99. Smart move by Namco for taking out all the iAPs. Looks like there are a ton of features, and the visuals..damn. Great review from TA as well. I don't even like flying sims/dogfighters.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:24 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquito60 View Post
Wait two three days and maybe then it is working. It needed some time to sync my devices, now it is ok.
Will try that out, thanks.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:28 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
When I get my 4S in a few weeks, I guarantee you this is the first game I'm going to get. Decided to finally check it out today after seeing that it's still charting in the top 50 at $4.99. Smart move by Namco for taking out all the iAPs. Looks like there are a ton of features, and the visuals..damn. Great review from TA as well. I don't even like flying sims/dogfighters.
Definitely get it because the visuals are brilliant on the 4s.
And if you use the accelerometer for control, which is the best option on the iPhone, during dogfights you'll look a demented lunatic who is trying to defend himself from a brutal assault by the invisible man, it's hilarious fun.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:04 PM

Great game so far. Been playing with the casual touch controls. Would mind if there was an option to turn off the automatic leveling of the plane to the horizon after a few seconds of no input. Many times in a strafing dive and the plane pulls up automatically, losing the shot. Still prefer the touch controls, would be nice to have the option of simulation touch control only. Also, the acceleration button is a bit too close to the gun button and sometimes it doesn't speed up when I want it too. The other flight game that did touch controls well for me was the iphone H.A.W.X. game. Could the devs look into these changes? Maybe a way to manually set up the various buttons on the screen? Also, please don't change the tilt controls as that seems to work well for most players. Thanks so much!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Please devs I can't wait for (hopefully) more maps and missions.

Frankly I still don't know why dummies are wasting money still in Metal Storm when a game that is 10 times better than it is available for only a one time payment of $5. I guess gamers are generally stupid!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:39 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Any tips on preventing motion sickness? I know other flight sims where you get blackouts if you pull to high a G. But motion sickness is a little way out of context, no? Aren't the pilots supposed to have gone through some motion sickness training? :-)
Old 03-23-2012, 01:46 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
On the other hand, graphics can appear jagged and rough around the edges especially when it comes to buildings and other structures.
Really? I am a graphics whore and very much appreciate when developers implement anti-aliasing in their games for iPad 2 / iPhone 4S (or higher) devices.
I was so glad to see that they did the same for this game and I witness no such "jaggies" around any objects or surfaces within the game.
(Running on iPad 2.)
Old 03-23-2012, 02:01 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiancheong View Post
Any tips on preventing motion sickness? I know other flight sims where you get blackouts if you pull to high a G. But motion sickness is a little way out of context, no? Aren't the pilots supposed to have gone through some motion sickness training? :-)
Really? There's motion sickness in the game? (I haven't gotten it yet) That's bizarre. Blackouts and redouts yes, but no one who gets motion sickness would be flying jets.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:37 AM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiancheong View Post
Motion sickness? Blackouts?! No offense intended but when I read that I had a mental image of some geezer suffering from a combo of altitude sickness and a flare-induced seizure, all from the comfort of his sofa.

KO

PS: Some people can't play certain games, and a lot of them include a health warning, so it'd be best to stay clear of such games if they make you feel unwell no matter how good they are.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:45 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

There's no motion sickness, just blackout and redout.
Although pilots are trained to support these, they can't do it forever. So after a few loops, you get black/red-out
It has been introduced to balance the game. During play-testing we observed that some pilots kept looping so they can't be locked on. It's very annoying and delays actual gameplay so we tried to make it even. If you loop a lot, you lose targeting indicators and radar (they still work, but you don't see them). On the other hand, there's an achievement to unlock if you manage to get a kill while being out