Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-15-2012, 06:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Above is a crummy screenshot. Go to the Sky Gamblers Air Supremacy fan club page on Facebook for some that will get you salivating.

The sun comes up and goes down if the game is long enough. Watch as the incredible lighting changes throughought. Storms may come and go.

Water drops on the windshield are each little lenses that reflect the environment. That is captured in one of the screwnshots. Tell me THAT isn't far out.

Last edited by Frumius; 03-15-2012 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 03-15-2012, 06:15 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Would anyone happen to know if Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy can be played without any tilt mechanics, with both roll, pitch and yaw controlled by touch controls?

(Yep, I know that would result in a lot of screen touching and possibly a clutter of on-screen controls, but if possible, I would still like to bypass the entire touch versus tilt debate. I just cannot, Pizza Vs. Skeletons, Space Tripper and AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA be durned, get used to and grow comfortable with tilt controls, no matter how well-implemented they are. I still find the control schemes in Beast Boxing, MMA and Fight Night Champions quite cumbersome just because of the rather small tilt elements.)

If only one of the number of seemingly rather good dogfight simulations and air combat action games released for iOS had featured touch-only controls as an option, I would probably have been quite enthusiastic to play that game, especially online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
but I just feel like games people call visually stunning aren't really that great.
While I agree with you on this principle in general, I must say that the difference between the two pictures you posted (even when taking into account that the PSP shot is a photo) is vast and monumental. Well, or at least very noticeable
Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-15-2012 at 06:41 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 06:22 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

The guy who posted the screenshot, your using an ipod touch lol. The GPU on the ipod touch is far weaker than the iphone 4/4s and the ipad 2/3. Thats why the game looks like crap.

Aside from that the graphics of this from the new ipad and iphone are really nice. However, imo I still love the ace combat graphics and controls (hard controls lol) than this. This game has a lot of bloom effect making it look really nice but not as detailed compared to a old psp game (MY OPINION).

Either way greay game, made by the same company as ace combat (namco) so I'm happy overall

Only if this were ported to android... than it'll rock my world
Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

No, it is not made by the people who made Ace Combat. It was made by Revo, and published by Namco.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:38 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNub View Post
The guy who posted the screenshot, your using an ipod touch lol. The GPU on the ipod touch is far weaker than the iphone 4/4s and the ipad 2/3. Thats why the game looks like crap.

Aside from that the graphics of this from the new ipad and iphone are really nice. However, imo I still love the ace combat graphics and controls (hard controls lol) than this. This game has a lot of bloom effect making it look really nice but not as detailed compared to a old psp game (MY OPINION).

Either way greay game, made by the same company as ace combat (namco) so I'm happy overall

Only if this were ported to android... than it'll rock my world
Just a quibble with your post, although Namco publishes both Sky Gamblers and Ace Combat, Revo Solutions is the developer of this game, rather than Project Ace. I wouldn't be surprised if having the same publisher gets Revo Solutions access to some special resources (such as detailed models of modern jet fighters), but they're two very different teams.

Revo Solutions has been making kickass iOS flight sims for quite some time now, and only for the past year or so have their titles been under Namco's banner.

But yeah, people who complain about graphics should buy themselves an A5 device if it's so damn important to them.

Screenies from iPhone 4S:

And some god rays:

Last edited by famousringo; 03-15-2012 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: added screenies
Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 PM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

That's quite a huge jump in quality in the 4s.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:53 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Cools! Hope its good on devices other than the Ipad3/2012/IpadHD
Old 03-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video
lol @ the landing at the end. This game looks very arcadey.