Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frumius View Post
To be sure, that is something that requires practice. Practice, practice, practice. The deadliest guys can whip their plane around after a head-to-head and just fill you full of lead. They know exactly how their plane is going to respond. The saw your plane's body language (as it were) and guessed where you'd be. They reacted swiftly, with a laser-sharp eye, lightning reflexes, and a soft, steady touch at the end like Jerry Rice catching the football. They led you perfectly and downstroyed you utterly. That requires practice.

So go practice, it's fun!
Definitely practice is key. However there is one technical point to remember - always aim for the plane's vector target - this is a small + that's nearly always apart from the plane itself. It indicates where the plane will be on its current path by the time your gunfire reaches it. This target will of course constantly be moving as the target plane changes direction and speed, but that's what you need to aim for, not the plane itself (unless it's flying directly at you or away from you).
Old 06-10-2012, 10:32 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Sorry for late reply, and thanks for your advices. And yes, i do know that i should aim at the + indicator when using machine gun. I especially like your comment , Frumius, the way you describe me like a helpless prey, lol, i'm not that bad, you know, i have a lot of tricks up my sleeve. But i agree with you, practice is a must to be a top fighter in this kind of game.

Honestly, i will appreciate Revo Solution if they give simulation touch-only control in next update, since tilting my beloved ipad 2 for hours of online dogfight is not an easy task

Just small information, i have found the name of most of the aircraft in the game, the RF14,16,18,22,35 is USA f-14,...,35, RFU27,37,47 is SUKHOI and RFJ20 is China J20 ^^. French Rafael is also a good aircraft but look like we dont have it yet

Last edited by tungtrinh87; 06-10-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Old 06-10-2012, 07:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungtrinh87 View Post
I especially like your comment , Frumius, the way you describe me like a helpless prey, lol, i'm not that bad, you know, i have a lot of tricks up my sleeve.
No, yeah, that was just poetic license
Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Definitely practice is key. However there is one technical point to remember - always aim for the plane's vector target - this is a small + that's nearly always apart from the plane itself. It indicates where the plane will be on its current path by the time your gunfire reaches it. This target will of course constantly be moving as the target plane changes direction and speed, but that's what you need to aim for, not the plane itself (unless it's flying directly at you or away from you).
The target help is just a estimation. It shows the actual reality, but if the plane accelerates or brakes, this estimated point will be the wrong one at the time you bullets reach it. If you ever meet Swordfish out there, you will immediately feel what accurate aiming and shooting may be.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Why many users/high level player turns so fast? Even i quickly swipe upwards/downwards/left/right, i never turned that fast.. And suddenly he is already shooting me missle or machie gun... I believe there's a trick on that?
Old 06-12-2012, 02:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SGAS]sunshine View Post
Why many users/high level player turns so fast? Even i quickly swipe upwards/downwards/left/right, i never turned that fast.. And suddenly he is already shooting me missle or machie gun... I believe there's a trick on that?
Which control do you use to play, because player using simulation control always have better maneuvers than player using casual control, so they turn faster than you

Try the free fly mode and experience with each control and you will see the difference. For example, if you use casual control and turn left or right , your aircraft will only create angle of 70 ,80 degree with the land, but if you use simulation and turn left or right, your air craft will create a 90 degree angle with the land, that's the reason why simulation player turn that fast
Old 06-12-2012, 02:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungtrinh87 View Post
Which control do you use to play, because player using simulation control always have better maneuvers than player using casual control, so they turn faster than you

Try the free fly mode and experience with each control and you will see the difference. For example, if you use casual control and turn left or right , your aircraft will only create angle of 70 ,80 degree with the land, but if you use simulation and turn left or right, your air craft will create a 90 degree angle with the land, that's the reason why simulation player turn that fast
Let say, i had opponent h2h, then we pass by each other, so basically you will swipe upwards to turn 180. But then after i faced him, he already lunch missle at me or firing machine gun at me. Thats the quick turn i am refering to. Btw I also used simulator mode but i never turn that fast.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SGAS]sunshine View Post
Let say, i had opponent h2h, then we pass by each other, so basically you will swipe upwards to turn 180. But then after i faced him, he already lunch missle at me or firing machine gun at me. Thats the quick turn i am refering to. Btw I also used simulator mode but i never turn that fast.
If you brake while or before turning, you will turn faster.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquito60 View Post
If you brake while or before turning, you will turn faster.
Yes, and it may be that they turn sooner, or have a more maneuverable plane. Or maybe braking and turning is a quicker turn than the swipe, now I want to check that out.

But in general, I only use a swipe to avoid a missile, and even then only if I'm out of flares. I fly better without the swipe, because for the duration of the swipe you have no control. Also, if you are in one of the two Chase Plane views, you can't see ahead of you until the cinematic sequence finishes. I can't fly like that when there's an enemy to start shooting at immediately. So I use Nose Cam view; even if I swipe, I am always looking forward for the entire maneuver, there is no cinematic sequence to wait for.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

How to recover faster from blockout after many hardturns... Is there a indicator or gauge to check the level or percentage before blockout?