★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fading Suns - Noble Armada

03-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Fading Suns - Noble Armada

We at Gamesare Studios are proud to present our first glimpse at our latest project "Fading Suns Noble Armada"! Noble Armada is a new iOS game in development based on and for Holistic design's Fading Sun's universe. Join one of the noble houses of the human race during the long decline into the end of the universe as you battle other house for resources and territory in a dying universe. Noble Armada will focus on fleet battle and shares alot in common with it's table top board game counterpart. We hope that we with the end result provided the same strategic gameplay found in the table top game and translated that to the RTS Hybrid style game.

Gameplay will feature
  • Multiple play Modes (Campaigns, Skirmish and More)
  • Five Houses to choose from
  • Multiple ship types each with strengths and weakness
  • Boarding actions
  • Secondary missions
  • And more to come

We picked up development of this title from GDC 2011 and it has taken a bit longer to get going then we thought and has effected our ability to update our other strategy title Vincere Totus Astrum. The good news is we are looking at April to release this as well as a update to VTA. We hope you guys will like the game as much as we have developing it. Fading Suns has turned out to be a rich and rewarding universe we feel honored to become part of.

We welcome any comments or questions!

Official first Teaser

Youtube link | Pop Up

Some WIP footage (A little bit more in here)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Kisguri; 03-15-2012 at 03:59 PM.
03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Loved VTA, and am looking forward to this strategy/tactical space combat.

Makes me think of a cross between SteamBirds and Gratuitous Space Battles.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

03-16-2012, 10:55 AM
I am going to try at least one Screenshot of progress a Day, try something new! to start I will put the first five publicly released images up! We hope these are found to be aesthetically pleasing to your collective visual cortexes...

Title Screen

Menu Gate

Hunting in the Local System

Battle Ensues

Enemy Hull Collapses
03-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Large scale fleet battles? I'm in! Can you build/design your own ship types?
03-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Custom Ships

As the game is based on a table top RPG the ship types are finite and preset, however you will be able to customize ship systems as you travese each system you campaign in, getting stronger defenses and weapons systems. The larger the ship the more systems can be swapped and changed out, but the slower the ship is in combat. Here some info on the original board game...

http://www.star-ranger.com/NobleArmada.htm
03-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Is the Campaign composed of completely scripted missions or is there a lot of replayability ala Master of Orion?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisguri View Post
As the game is based on a table top RPG the ship types are finite and preset, however you will be able to customize ship systems as you travese each system you campaign in, getting stronger defenses and weapons systems. The larger the ship the more systems can be swapped and changed out, but the slower the ship is in combat. Here some info on the original board game...

http://www.star-ranger.com/NobleArmada.htm
Well, it sounds great Count me as an insta-buy.
03-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Will this be Universal? When is the release date I can't wait to purchase this one!

All Time Favorites:Super Crossfire HD
Playing:Dodonpachi:BD ,UMK3, KOF-i
Waiting for:fleetCOMM, Noble Armada, God of Blades
Follow me on Tumblr
03-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Lordgek, indeed the campaign mode will be many secenarios based on the Fading Suns universe, however their will be procedually generated sub missions in a campaign you can do. Also we hope skirmish mode will give you endless play options.

Sharpner, We have not decided, I if I make it universal would not include multiple res modes, so it would auto scale up, like in VTA some people complained about.

Garbagemaster, Thanks!
03-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Li'Halan Ships in clear view...