★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Your kingdom is under attack. The Evil Lord is throwing his army of demons at the gates of your castle, and only you can stop him! Take command of an elite unit of elf archers, sword-wielding knights, powerful mages and fire-breathing dragons in this epic new swords-and-sorcery TD game.

Featuring two different game modes and more than 20 levels, Fantasy Kingdom Defense is entirely free to play and offers a wealth of achievements, awards, and exciting close-quarters strategic combat.

Awesome Features:
- Engaging fantasy storyline.
- Action and strategy in equal measure.
- Close-quarters combat and long-distance artillery units.
- Campaign and Survival modes.
- Twenty one different levels across three fantasy worlds.
- Three difficulty levels.
- Entirely free-to-play, with optional in-app purchases.
- Ten different types of defensive and attack units available.
- Upgrade units, castles and defenses in the Elven shop.
- Multiple awards and achievements to complete.
- Outstanding HD graphics and full soundtrack.
- Gamecenter support

Fantasy Kingdom Defense has been downloaded over 3,000,000 times on multiple mobile platforms scooping 4.5 star ratings! Now the exclusive HD version hits App Store with the game being better than ever before. Give it a try!

Do you like this game? Support us by joining our Facebook community of more than 20,000 happy fans at http://facebook.com/tequilaplanet

Thank you!

L.Lawliet's comments:

YouTube: video
03-16-2012, 06:46 AM
Anyone know what the IAP is like? Able to play the game without it etc?

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106

03-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
Anyone know what the IAP is like? Able to play the game without it etc?
Very much so. In fact, that's the recommended way of playing for TD veterans

On the other hand, please note that IAPs don't simply make the game easier. Quite the opposite - they open up all-new tactical opportunities, thus making the experience deeper, not just shorter.

We're here if you have any more questions
03-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaMobile View Post
Very much so. In fact, that's the recommended way of playing for TD veterans

On the other hand, please note that IAPs don't simply make the game easier. Quite the opposite - they open up all-new tactical opportunities, thus making the experience deeper, not just shorter.

We're here if you have any more questions
It's not working for me. Get to the menu with the play, how to play options etc and can't get past it. Game freezes. Music is still playing but nothing else. I have an iPad 2 on latest software and never jail broken. I have tried resetting device and the usual but still doesn't work.

03-16-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
It's not working for me. Get to the menu with the play, how to play options etc and can't get past it. Game freezes. Music is still playing but nothing else. I have an iPad 2 on latest software and never jail broken. I have tried resetting device and the usual but still doesn't work.
We've tested the game on the iPad 2 and it seemed to work fine. Please wait while we discuss the matter with our developers.
03-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaMobile View Post
We've tested the game on the iPad 2 and it seemed to work fine. Please wait while we discuss the matter with our developers.
It's working for my wife, so I deleted it again, then reset my iPad and then redownloaded it. It still froze in the same place a couple of times. I double clicked the home button and closed the app and on the third try it seems to be working now.

03-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
It's working for my wife, so I deleted it again, then reset my iPad and then redownloaded it. It still froze in the same place a couple of times. I double clicked the home button and closed the app and on the third try it seems to be working now.
That's good news - hope you'll enjoy the game! We can't quite put a finger on what causes the issue for you, but we'll keep looking. Would you mind if we contacted you later on if it turns out we can't reproduce the bug in-house?
03-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Not really into the defense titles right now, but I noticed some really good looking ones including this one and i dont want to miss it. Will post impressions later.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Will post impressions later.
Please do! Your reviews keep us inspired and show us the right way to develop our products. After all, we're in this business for your entertainment
03-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Graphics are really crisp. Sound effects are nice and proper. Very simple TD, nothing too complicated.

However, there isnt much new to the classic TD formula. Build your defenses around key points in the invader paths, upgrade them, and try to defend your castle.

Daily rewards are a nice touch, making it more rewarding for those who play the game daily.

Im not sure if there's more, but so far, I only have access to 3 unit types. Knight, Archer and Mage. There are the upgraded versions, Paladin, Ranger and Firemage which can be unlocked eventually.

I havent checked much in the shop, but it looks like there are consumable IAP items. There are also a couple maps which can be unlocked at the shop, but im not sure if it is IAP only.

Was in a bit of a hurry coz i was on a break from work when I played it.

I think for those who love TD games, give this game a shot as it looks really nice. Just dont expect too much content or variety in comparison to most traditional TD games.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword